The latest Dead by Daylight patch notes have arrived alongside today’s PTB update version 3.5.0. The latest changes to the game are being presented as a mid-chapter update which released just this morning. The 3.5.0 patch notes notably mention the addition of the Compendium as well as new features and challenges. Keep reading to learn about everything changed in the new Dead by Daylight PTB 3.5.0 patch notes.
Dead by Daylight | PTB 3.5.0 Highlights
As usual, the latest Dead by Daylight update patch notes spell out changes big and small. Most players will be interested to learn about the new Compendium, which gives them a chance to complete challenges offered in previous Tomes. The PTB update 3.5.0 also adds a new Rift and Challenges for Tome 2, though only the first level can be accessed for now. Players will also note a large number of changes for The Doctor specifically. More on that in the full patch notes below.
Among a selection of balance adjustments and bug fixes, PTB update 3.5.0 also includes several new features: The ability to show or hide the tally screen after each match, updates to the Treatment Theatre map, and a new movement tracking system that should present more accurate player locomotion. This update also removes the inverted camera key bind, which should alleviate confusion among players who sometimes accidentally invert their camera controls during heated matches.
Dead by Daylight | Full PTB 3.5.0 Patch Notes
Here are the full patch notes for Dead by Daylight‘s PTB update 3.5.0 as provided by the developers at Behaviour Interactive.
Features and Content
- Feature – Added a Compendium page in the Archives. This page allows users to go back to previous Tomes and complete challenges. Completing challenges from a previous Tome will not give the user Rift Fragments.
- Feature – Added a new Rift and Challenges for Tome II in the Archives. A new popup will display once a new Tome & Rift are active. Note: Only Level I of Tome II will be accessible during the PTB.
- Feature – Showing/Hiding the tally screen chat is persistent after every match. This feature has been added to each type of chat (party, online and tally) and is independent for each chat.
- Feature – Removed the invert camera in-game keybinding and from the Controls menu. This option is still available in the Settings menu.
- Feature – Movement Extrapolation: Testing a system to make player positions more consistent between clients under normal latency conditions. This should reduce cases of Survivors getting hit by Killers who appear too far away. Note: This is only a test for PTB. This feature is not currently planned to be enabled for release.
- Content – Updated the Treatment Theatre map (see details below in the BALANCE section).
- Content – Removed Dutch & Swedish language support.
- Content – Disabled the Cursed Legacy Japanese thematic lobby.
- Gatekeeper Emblem: Flattened score value of all remaining generators so now all generators are worth the same amount (1 point per minute) regardless of the duration that they remain in the match. Also added an additional score for both gate remaining unopened at the end of the match.
- Hex: Ruin: All generators are affected by Hex: Ruin; if a generator is not being worked on, it regresses at 100/150/200% the normal regression rate. The Hex effect persists as long as the related Hex totem is standing.
- Rainbow maps will track chests if revealed by a perk that shows chests (ie: Detective’s Hunch).
- The Oni: Removed turn speed limitation on Demon Strike. Implemented a hard cap on the turn angle during Demon Strike.
The Doctor changes
- Removed Treatment Mode and the Static Field VFX. The Doctor will no longer need to switch stances to use Shock Therapy, or to use a regular attack.
- Added Doctor-specific chase music.
- Added a new special ability, Static Blast, as the secondary power (see below for more information).
- Added a 3 second cooldown to Shock Therapy. This means it will take 3 seconds before The Doctor can hit with his primary weapon, use Shock Therapy or use Static Blast.
- Increased the base range of Shock Therapy by 10%.
- Range increasing add-ons no longer increase the width of the Shock Therapy, only the length. See the add-on changes below for more information.
- Reduce charging move speed to 67% normal from 70% normal to keep the speed the same at 3.08 m/s.
- Madness regresses while outside the Terror Radius, and does not regress while inside it.
- “Order” – Class I add-on: Slightly increases the Madness inflicted by Static Blast.
- “Order” – Class II add-on: Moderately increases the Madness inflicted by Static Blast.
- “Order” – Carter’s Notes add-on: Considerably increases the Madness inflicted by Static Blast.
- “Calm” – Class I add-on: Slightly increases terror radius while Static Blast is ready. Slightly decreases terror radius while Static Blast is on cooldown.
- “Calm” – Class II add-on: Moderately increases terror radius while Static Blast is ready. Moderately decreases terror radius while Static Blast is on cooldown.
- “Calm” – Carter’s Notes add-on: Considerably increases terror radius while Static Blast is ready. Considerably decreases terror radius while Static Blast is on cooldown.
- Moldy Electrode add-on: Slightly increases charge time and attack range of Shock Therapy.
- Polished Electrode add-on: Moderately increases charge time and attack range of Shock Therapy.
- High-Stimulus add-on: Considerably increases charge time and attack range of Shock Therapy.
- Interview Tape add-on: Rarity changed from Uncommon to Rare.
- “Obedience” – Carter’s Notes add-on: Rarity changed from Very Rare to Rare. Skill checks have a considerable chance to turn counter-clockwise for Survivors with Madness 2/3.
- Scrapped Tape: Name changed to Iridescent Queen. Rarity changed from Uncommon to Ultra Rare.
- Survivors hit with Shock Therapy or Static Blast acquire a lingering Static Charge. If a Survivor with Static Charge is within 4 meters of another Survivor, the Survivor receives a shock with identical effects as the Shock Therapy and Static Blast.
- Iridescent King add-on: Shock Therapy and Static Blast cause the Survivor to gain a random Madness affliction.
- Renamed the Shock Therapy score event to Pacified.
- Added a score event for hitting Survivors with Static Blast (Tranquilized – 300 Bloodpoints).
Static Blast is a new mechanic for The Doctor. We removed the Treatment Mode and the ability to switch between modes. The Doctor will always be able to hit with his primary weapon, use Shock Therapy (which now has a 3 second cooldown), and can use Static Blast. Static Blast takes 2 seconds to activate, and has a 60 second cooldown. Effects:
- The Doctors Static Blast causes all Survivors within his terror radius to gain 50 Madness points.
- The Doctor will laugh if the Static Blast affects any Survivor.
- Affected Survivors will scream; they give away their location if their Madness level increases.
- Survivors outside the Terror Radius hear a direction-neutral audio cue when the ability is being charged and when it fires.
- Survivors inside the Terror Radius hear direction-revealing audio cues for the charge and fire of the ability.
- Scoring event for hitting Survivors.
Snap Out Of It adjustments
- Missing a skill check will regress the progression bar by 1/4th instead of all the way.
- Skill checks will trigger at every quadrant of the progress bar.
- Releasing the Snap Out Of It action will keep the progress made instead of resetting.
- Snapping Out Of It sends Survivors to Madness Tier 1 instead of Tier 2.
Treatment Theatre map update
- Completely reworked the visual look and feel of the map.
- Made the map darker.
- Changed the layout to be more rectangular than square.
- Added flickering signs in the hallways near rooms that spawn generators.
- Hid totems better.
- Balanced the distribution and safety of pallets.
- Balanced the distribution of hooks.
- Balanced the distribution and safety of vaults.
- Progress bars for Killer powers will now show the Killer’s power icon.
- Added platform prompts when accepting / claiming a Challenge node in the Archives.
- Changed the level icon shapes in the Tome from squares to diamonds.
- The level navigation menu becomes golden when a Tome is mastered.
- Fixed an issue that caused not all Survivors to see blood orbs when The Oni had the Renjiro’s Bloody Glove add-on equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Wraith and The Spirit not to have their re-appearance lunge speed burst.
- Fixed an issue that could cause The Nightmare to be unable to place Dream Snares if stunned while placing one.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Trapper not to properly trigger his own bear traps when set by the Iridescent Stone add-on.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Doctor’s Iridescent King add-on not to always apply its 5 afflictions within 5 shocks. In addition to this bug fix, we also added scoring events for feedback on which afflictions were applied.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to block a part of The Hags screen when performing a basic attack while carrying a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Hag, The Hillbilly and The Demogorgon to interact with cleansed totem debris.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Ghost Face to see inside assets when attacking while having a Survivor on their shoulder.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interact with a specific chest or Jigsaw box when in front of a tree in the Temple of Purgation map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to clip through walls when being sacrificed on specific hooks in the Hawkins National Laboratory map.
- Fixed an issue that caused some of the flags inside the manor building to have missing textures on one side in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interact with a specific chest of Jigsaw box when it spawned facing a Buddha statue in the Sanctum of Wrath map.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult for The Nurse to blink in or around the gazebo tile in the Yamaoka Estate maps.
- Fixed an issue that cause the small boats in the Backwater Swamp maps to have incorrect textures.
- Fixed an issue that caused the tops of the corn to appear black in the Coldwind Farm maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused the railing just in front of the basement in the farm house to partially lack collision in the Thompson House map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a visible ground seam in the lodge of the Blood Lodge map.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a placeholder tile to spawn in the Wrecker’s Yard map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the chandelier in the chapel to be floating unattached to anything in the Father Campbell’s Chapel map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to climb on top of a rock in the Father Campbell’s Chapel map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap for Killers when a tree spawned too close to the asylum building in the Disturbed Ward map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the windows and walls to be misaligned in the 2 story house in the Badham Preschool maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be floating above the ground on most tiles in the Mount Ormond Resort map.
- Fixed an issue that caused a log pile to be lacking hitbox collision, allowing projectiles and The Cannibals chainsaw not to detect collision in the Lampkin Lane map.
- Moved the generator on the top floor of a 2 story house that caused players to undesirably vault the window instead of repair.
- Darkened the grass texture in the Lampkin Lane map.
- Misc LOD fixes and improvements.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Kindred perk to stay active when the perk owner disconnected while it was active.
- Fixed an issue that caused Sprint Burst to trigger when the button was pressed during specific interactions where the player moves but cannot sprint (vaulting, entering/exiting locker).
- Fixed an issue that could cause the 4th Survivor slot in the public lobby not to fill.
- Potentially fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to have a permanent Haste effect from perks or when getting hit.
- Fixed an issue that caused a loud noise notification to trigger on the exit gates when they were powered.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck between a hooked Survivor and a wall when canceling an unhook action.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to snap backwards when picking up and dropping an item without moving.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Killer to crash when loading into the match as The Nurse with the Mother Mercy outfit.
- Fixed an issue that caused male Survivors hands to be floating above the Pool of Devotion when cleansing their sickness.
- Fixed an issue that caused the bear trap in the beginning of the Killer Tutorial to appear closed.
- Misc cosmetic and VFX fixes, improvements and optimizations.
Audio and Localization
- Miscellaneous localization and translation improvements.
UI and HUD
- Fixed an issue that caused tooltips for items in the free track to overlap on the Tier progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors killed by the End Game Collapse not to count towards the Reverent Challenge in Tome 1.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Broken status effect to stay displayed on the portrait in the HUD of a Survivor that is sacrificed, killed or disconnected.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Doctor’s Madness effect to stay displayed on the portrait in the HUD of a Survivor that is sacrificed, killed or disconnected.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Archives widget to disappear from the tally screen when returning to it after spectating the match.
- Fixed an issue that caused players rank to display inconsistently in the tally screen across all players if pips were lost or gained.
- Fixed an issue that caused the spectate button to appear briefly despite not being able to spectate when leaving the tally screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Clown’s Reload progress bar to behave incorrectly when the Kill prompt was present in the HUD.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain tooltips not to update when switching pages or characters.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Character Info to disappear when searching for a match as a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that allowed non-host players in a Play As Survivor lobby to open the Archives while searching for a match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the item tooltip to stay displayed when interacting with a node as a new Bloodweb level generates.
- Fixed an issue that caused the banner to refresh each time when attempting to cycle through the new content when only 1 banner was available.
- Fixed an issue that caused the switch role tooltip in Custom Game lobbies to display when the button was disabled.
- Misc UI improvements.