Outriders crashing and freezing errors are preventing players from enjoying the game, with crashes on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X causing issues. Here’s how to fix these errors across platforms.
Outriders crashing fix for PC, PS5, Xbox
Outriders crashing and freezing can be fixed by installing the latest GPU drivers on PC, checking for available updates on PS5 and Xbox Series X, or installing new patches on PS4 and Xbox One.
As the game has just been released, there are understandable teething issues given its always-online nature. As a result, problems such as hard crashes can present themselves, and while some of these can be fixed by the player, others may be an issue with the game itself.
Here’s how to fix the individual crashing and freezing problems across platforms:
Outriders PC crashing and freezing fix
- Install the latest AMD or Nvidia graphics card drivers.
- Close all unnecessary applications that are running in the background.
- Reduce the graphics settings, as pushing PC hardware may cause lock-ups.
- Update to the latest version of Windows 10.
- Turn off cross-play in the options menu, as it’s a beta feature that may have negative side effects.
Outriders PS5 and Xbox Series X|S crashing and freezing fix
- Check for available game updates:
- PS5: Highlight the title and press the Options button, then select the “Check for update” option.
- Xbox Series X|S: Navigate to the “My games & apps” screen, then “Manage” > “Updates.”
- Ensure that the console has proper ventilation and isn’t overheating.
- Disable the beta cross-play feature from the in-game options menu.
Outriders PS4 and Xbox One crashing and freezing fix
- Install any available patches:
- PS4: Press the Options button with the game highlighted, then choose “Check for update” from the menu.
- Xbox One: Open “My games & apps” and scroll down to the “Manage” tab, then select the “Updates” option.
- Check that the console is in a well-ventilated area — overheating can cause freezing, crashes, and more technical issues.
- Switch cross-platform support off via the options menu.
Depending on which platform users play Outriders on, crashing and freezing bugs can be more or less common. Due to the different levels of customization on offer, there are also varying degrees of success when it comes to improving Outriders’ technical stability. PC users have way more tools at their disposal than Xbox One players, for example.
Having trouble with stutter and lag while playing Outriders, too? Check out the best solution for all platforms.