- Related Games:
- Postal 2
It's been more than 10 years since Postal 2 released. To this day it's considered one of the most controversial video games in history, only held back from being in the mainstream eye due to a lack of popularity. Developer Running With Scissors is having withdrawals, so it's begun working on an expansion pack for the aging title.
A new expansion pack called Paradise Lost is currently in development for Postal 2. It's scheduled to arrive in the near future, and requires a copy of the base game. Naturally, it appears dated by today's standards. After all, Postal 2 wasn't even stressing hardware in 2004.
These are the key features of Paradise Lost as outlined on the Steam page:
- A complete singleplayer campaign: Brave Monday through Friday with twists and turns each day.
- Free roam, non-linear, errand-based gameplay: Go do your daily chores or just screw around as you aimlessly run amok in the town!
- Peaceful vs. Violent decisions: Choose to be a wussy pacifist or wipe out everyone in your way. Hey, it's the apocalypse, so you'll probably fit in!
- New arsenal and items: Take out some unlucky punks with the Revolver! Enact wasteland justice with the Lever-Action Shotgun! Whack some weeds and perhaps other meatier subjects with the Weed Whacker!
- Dual-wielding: Double your fun with double the gun!
- Boss battles: Settle some scores once and for all mano a mano.
- Full controller support: Piss on strangers from the comfort of your couch!
- The Dude's original voice: No bogus imposters here!
To visualize what these additions are there's a "Release Trailer". You can see it below:
My guess is that members of the Running With Scissors development team felt an urge to make a fresh Postal game, but didn't have the resources required to create an entirely new title. So, it decided to make an expansion pack for the 10 year old title. It's certainly perplexing, but the video game industry has been low on controversy since the announcement of Hatred. This should fix that.