- Related Games:
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
It appears that CD Projekt Red is very serious about supporting the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Despite the game having been released less than a week ago, it's been patched a total of four times. Today, it gets its most noticeable patch yet.
Patch v1.04 has arrived for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's PC version, and it includes several things of note. First, let's look at the full list of patch notes. The big ticket items are bolded.
- Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options Key bindings submenu.
- Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
- Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
- Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
- Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
- Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
- A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
- Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
- Overall stability and performance improvements.
- Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
- Game icon updated.
- Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
- Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
- Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
What you might not notice from the line about improving rendering quality is how significant it is. This change adds a bias to mipmap of -1 improving the detail of objects such as tree leaves and bushes. The result is a noticeable improvement in clarity. See for yourself:
And lastly, the game icon change brings everything home. Previously, the game used the same icon as The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Bravo.
Overall, this is a solid patch. The best part about it is you don't have to wait as it's already available for download. Get to downloading, and let us know in the comments below what your experience is like.
How to Respec Your Skill Points
How To Spend Your Skill Points Effectively