Man Killed Over a $2 Call of Duty Wager Match

A man has been killed over a $2 Call of Duty wager match, after the two participants decided to swat one another and ultimately involve an innocent stranger who was subsequently killed by Kansas police.

Police officers in Wichita were sent to a fake shooting call reportedly orchestrated by two Call of Duty players, who wagered a $2 bet on a match between the teams Lol and Nuc and children. The bet was hosted on the platform UMG, though during the match players Miruhcle and Baperizer allegedly became involved in an argument, causing one player to attempt to swat the other.

Swatting is when someone makes a false report to the police that directs them to someone else’s home, and has become a major problem in the streaming community. There have been multiple examples in recent years of Twitch streamers and YouTubers being swatted, though most don’t result in deadly force being used by the authorities — but this time was different.

According to reports from the CoD community, one of the players asked a known swatter to obtain their rival’s information. After the rival player gave the swatter an incorrect address, the police arrived at the home of a 28-year-old man, with one officer firing his weapon. The man was taken to hospital, though was later pronounced dead.

call of duty ww2 wager match multiplayer

Call of Duty pro player Christopher ‘Parasite’ Duarte later tweeted out an alleged rundown of the events that led to the death, further elaborating upon the circumstances that preceded the police being called to the man’s home. “Im not sure how it went down,” Duarte wrote. “All i saw was miruhcle posted Baperizer’s dox. So i assume what happened is that after all that happened Baperizer told this swatter to swat Miruhcle, miruhcle then dmed the guy trying to act hard A random address that was CLOSE to him so it would look real. Thats why miruhcle tweeted “Someone tried to swat me and got an innocent man killed”.”

Deputy Police Chief Troy Livingston spoke to The Wichita Eagle about the tragic incident, saying that police had arrived to the call of a shooting on Thursday night at around 6:15pm.

“It was a shooting call involving hostages,” the Police Chief said. “The original call, we were told someone had an argument with their mother and dad was accidentally shot. And now that person was holding mother, brother and sister hostage. We learned through that call that a father was deceased, and had been shot in the head. That was the information we were working off of.”

“A male came to the front door, as he came to the front door, one of our officers discharged his weapon,” he said.

Miruhcle and Baperizer have since deleted their Twitter accounts, with the Wichita police having yet to disclose information regarding any potential arrests. Authorities are still at the scene and the officers involved in the incident will be interviewed.

(Via Dexerto)