- Related Games:
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Update: A trailer has been added to the bottom of this article.
In typical Valve fashion, Counter-Strike Global Offensive is receiving some new content… for free.
Later today, an update will become available for Counter-Strike Global Offensive that not only does the typical dirty work of clearing out bug fixes and revising matchmaking, but also adds some new content for players to eat up. Details of the patch can be seen below:
- Revised matchmaking system for Classic Competitive mode.
- Two new maps:
- de_vertigo – A classic map based in a government complex under construction.
- ar_monastery – A new take on the classic monastery map with the arms race game mode.
- A large number of bug fixes that were reported by the community.
Unfortunately, it appears that this update will be available on PC before both console versions of the game which currently don't have a planned release date.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, the header image of the guy falling off the side of a building was from a Tweet on the official CS: GO Twitter account. It's a tribute to the thousands of people who have fallen from de_vertigo's nauseating heights and the thousands more that will be sure to follow the release of this patch.