- Related Games:
- Dark Souls Remastered
Unfortunately for Nintendo Switch players, the release date for Dark Souls Remastered on the hybrid console will be pushed back to a release window of summer 2018. The release of the Solaire of Astora Amiibo figure will also be delayed to the same timeframe.
The news was revealed on the official Twitter account for Dark Souls earlier today. Although the Nintendo Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered has been delayed, the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions of the game will release according to the original schedule, on May 25th, 2018.
The initial release date for Dark Souls Remastered was originally announced back in January during the Nintendo Direct Mini presentation. The Nintendo Switch version was supposed to release alongside the other platforms. Earlier in April, Bandai Namco announced the changes and improvements that will arrive with the remastered version of the game.
The PS4, Xbox One and PC versions of Dark Souls Remastered will support 4K resolution and 60fps while the Nintendo Switch version will run at 1080p and 30fps in docked mode. The Password Matching system from both Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 will now be implemented, with the summoned player’s level for both the character and his weapons syncing with the host. The number of online players will also increase from four to six.
Here are all the confirmed changes for Dark Souls Remastered:
- Healing items won’t be available in PvP with the exception of Estus, and phantoms will have their Estus Flask count halved.
- The Arena will support 3v3 team and six-player deathmatch now, as well as password matching and random respawn points.
- The online network is now a dedicated server rather than P2P.
- Players can now prevent matched red phantom players from seeing their “White Sign Soapstone” sign via a new option.
- Players can now turn on/off regional matchmaking.
- Players can no longer summon ally phantoms consecutively when in combat with enemy phantoms.
- In online play, players who are outside of the Host’s parameter range will not be matched with each other but they can still be matched via Password Matching.
- You can now use more than one item at once and can select how many you use.
- You can change Covenants you’ve discovered at a bonfire.