- Related Games:
- Pokemon Sun and Moon
Players of Pokemon Sun and Moon, as well as Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, will soon have the opportunity to add two more legendaries hailing from the Kalos region into their Pokedex. Generation Six legendary Pokemon Xerneas and Yveltal, which originally appeared in Pokemon X and Y, will be made available for free to all players who own the aforementioned Pokemon titles.
The Pokemon Company announced the news recently, where it revealed that players can add one of the two legendary Pokemon starting from 4th May to 27th May 2018. Owners of Pokemon Sun or Ultra Sun can obtain Dark/Flying-type Yveltal while owners of Pokemon Moon or Ultra Moon can obtain the Fairy-type Xerneas.
Pokemon Sun and Moon: Where to claim the download codes
Residents of the US can collect their codes by visiting their local GameStop store while those who live in Canada should be heading to the nearest EB Games store. In the UK and Ireland, players will find their codes waiting for them at any GAME store.
Pokemon Sun and Moon: How to redeem Xerneas/Yveltal
- Boot up your Pokemon title on the Nintendo 3DS.
- Select Mystery Gift from the game’s main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Choose to redeem your code with Code/Password, then select Yes and Yes once again to connect to the Internet.
- Enter the code you received.
- The game begins downloading the legendary Pokemon.
- When playing the game, ensure that there’s an empty space in your team party and speak to the deliveryman waiting in any Pokemon Center to finally obtain Xerneas/Yveltal.
Additionally, owners of the Pokemon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon games will discover that their legendary Pokemon will arrive with a Gold Bottle Cap, which they can use to Hyper Train a Pokemon. The legendaries will also come with a higher level and different move sets compared to their Pokemon Sun or Moon counterparts.
The Pokemon Company is actually giving away legendary Pokemon each month in 2018 to celebrate its Year of Legendary Pokemon. In June, the next legendary Pokemon will be Zygarde, which also hails from the Kalos region and the Pokemon X/Y games.