Red Dead Redemption 2 Sales Debut Double That of First Game in the UK

Red Dead Redemption 2 sales have proven to be a force to be reckoned with as it launches the highly-anticipated game to the top of the UK game charts. It managed to topple reigning champion Call of Duty Black Ops 4 in the process, and its UK physical launch sales are more than double that of 2010’s Red Dead Redemption.

According to the most recent Ukie Game Charts, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the only new release from last week to break into the top ten list. Although Red Dead Redemption 2 sales are double that of the first game, keep in mind that this only takes physical units into account. Adding digital unit sales into that will probably mean an even greater overall sales for Rockstar Games‘ latest effort.

Despite the impressive Red Dead Redemption 2 sales, it failed to overtake FIFA 19 as the best-selling game of 2018 in the UK. Second place is still an incredible milestone, beating the launch week sales of other major releases like Far Cry 5 and Call of Duty Black Ops 4. 68 percent of Red Dead Redemption 2 sales were from PS4 owners, while the remaining 32 percent came from the Xbox One. As of now, a PC version has not been officially confirmed by the developer.

Other new releases last week include Paw Patrol: On a RollNickelodeon Kart RacersMy Hero One’s Justice, and Just Dance 2019. These new titles managed to debut at number 17, 21, 23, and 24, respectively. Besides that, the top ten list remains occupied with recent major releases like Forza Horizon 4, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Spider-Man PS4, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. With no other major competition in the coming weeks, Red Dead Redemption 2 may be holding the throne for quite a while. The next contender for the top spot would have to be Battlefield 5, which is slated to arrive later in November.