- Related Games:
- Super Robot Wars T
More tactical robot fighting is heading your way next year! Bandai Namco announced today that Super Robot Wars T (the T stands for ‘terra’), the next entry in the long running series, is headed to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch next year. Check out ten minutes of crossover mech action down below.
The news first broke during a Super Robot Wars live stream held earlier today. The series features a number of robots from various anime series duking it out, either by teaming or battling against one another. A few new anime series will be represented in this newest entry, with Cowboy Bebop being the most prominent among the new bunch. Here is the currently announced list of series that will be represented in Super Robot Wars T:
- Invincible Robo Trider G7
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine
- Mobile Suit Gundam series
- Armored Trooper Votoms series
- The Brave Express Might Gaine
- The King of Braves GaoGaiGar
- Cowboy Bebop [New to series]
- Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
- Getter Robo Armageddon
- Mazinger Z: Infinity
- Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX [New to series]
- Magic Knight Rayearth [New to game]
- Gun X Sword
- Expelled from Paradise [New to series]
The Super Robot Wars series has been churning out games for decades now, with the first game being released for the Game Boy back in 1991. Despite numerous titles being released in Japan, not many have made it overseas due to licensing issues between the numerous anime shows being represented. Games such as Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier, however, did make it to the West.
The trailer below showcases the new mechas in the franchise battling one another across 2D landscapes. The game’s atheistic closely resembles that of a anime, with richly detailed 2D sprites duking it out on the map. Here and there, cutscenes were shown featuring 2D-esque anime characters. The game wasn’t given a specific release date, but it is coming out in 2019.