Steam has started rolling out the nominees for 2019’s edition of The Steam Awards. This year, they’ll be doing daily video rollouts of each category in the lead up to open voting. For the first day of nominees, we see five games vying it out for Outstanding Visual Style. Among the contenders are a historic real-time strategy game, an underwater exploration sim, and one winner of our own Editor’s Choice award.
Outstanding Visual Style doesn't aspire to real-world graphical fidelity, but describes a distinctive look & feel that suffuses an entire game. These devs are the Willy Wonkas of eye candy. 👀
— Steam (@Steam) December 11, 2019
As revealed in the video above, the full list of nominees include:
- Astroneer (Developed and Published by System Era Softworks)
- Total War: Three Kingdoms (Developed by Creative Assembly and Published by Sega)
- GRIS (Developed by Nomada Studio and Published by Devolver Digital)
- Katana ZERO (Developed by Askiisoft and Published by Devolver Digital)
- Subnautica: Below Zero (Developed and Published by Unknown Worlds Entertainment)
Steam will reveal the nominees for “Best Game You Suck At” tomorrow, and voting will begin for all Steam users on December 19th at 10 AM PT and run through the rest of the year.