- Related Games:
- Prison Architect
Prison Architect has revealed its new free Cleared for Transfer DLC, a brand new expansion that will add new features such as prisoner transfers, special privileges, and room grading to the game. The update is intended to provide players with more ways to manage their inmates and customize prison security, introducing more complexity to prison management.
Prison Architect developers Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven made the announcement today, breaking down the new features that are set to make their way to the game in the new expansion.
The new additions are as follows:
- Prisoner Transfers: Prisoners can now transfer between security sectors of your prison. Requirements for transfer to a lower-security sector are entirely up to you.
- Special Privileges: Privileges can be assigned based on the security sector, giving your prisoners a motivation to transfer. Prisoners in high security areas are able to see the privileges given to lower security sectors.
- Room Grading: You can now grade other rooms, such as yards, classrooms, common rooms, and a new gymnasium.
- Custom Security Sectors: Create areas with custom security sectors that can include prisoners from different security levels.
- New Actions and Enhancements: You can initiate actions like shakedowns, tunnel searches, and lockdowns by security sector.
“Prison Architect players have been asking for more ways to manage inmates and customize prison security,” Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox Interactive, said. “The folks at Double Eleven have done an incredible job at listening to the community and incorporating player feedback into the game since we partnered with them last year. With the Cleared for Transfer expansion, we wanted to take things further and introduce features that will let even the most veteran Wardens flex their management muscles.”
Along with revealing the new Cleared for Transfer expansion, Paradox Interactive also revealed that is has now taken over the publishing responsibilities for Prison Architect on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. This means that all future expansions will be brought to all players across PC and consoles.
The Prison Architect Cleared for Transfer expansion will release on May 14, 2020. It will be available for free to PC owners of the game.