- Related Games:
- Call of Duty: Warzone
A section of Call of Duty: Warzone players are utilizing a secret maneuver to help them win matches. Slide canceling is an advanced move that users won’t learn about in any of the game’s tutorials. Despite this, those in the know are using the technique to increase their speed and mobility for a tangible advantage in the free-to-play battle royale title. Meanwhile, everyone else is wondering how to slide cancel in Warzone.
Slide cancels could be the key to victory in Call of Duty: Warzone
Mobility and unpredictability are key to survival in most FPS games, but especially CoD: Warzone. Facing danger from multiple angles is pretty common in the large-scale battle royale maps, which makes any player that knows how to slide cancel more likely to live. Attacking players can also use it to take room campers by surprise. As a result, slide canceling is a versatile tool that all players should aim to add to their arsenal.
How to slide cancel in Warzone
- PS4 and PS5
- Press L3 twice to Tactical Sprint.
- Hold the Circle button to start sliding.
- Immediately after hitting the ground, tap the Circle button.
- Repeat the process to chain slide cancels.
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
- Double-press the left stick to start Tactical Sprinting.
- Hold down the B button to slide.
- When the character hits the ground, quickly tap the B button.
- Start over from the first step.
- PC (mouse and keyboard)
- Rebind left CTRL to “Change Stance/Slide,” instead of the default C key.
- Press left Shift twice to activate Tactical Sprint.
- Hold the left CTRL key to slide.
- Right after landing on the floor, tap left CTRL.
- Repeat from the second step to perform multiple slide cancels.
Perfecting the Call of Duty: Warzone slide cancel — which also works in Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War — might take some time. It’s definitely worth the effort, though; slide canceling can easily be the difference between life and death.
After mastering the technique, it’s worth checking out the “SBMM Warzone” site to see any improvements made in cold hard stats.