- Related Games:
- Watch Dogs: Legion
Watch Dogs Legion let players play as anyone in the game’s world, but it didn’t let them play with anyone in the real world. Its multiplayer did not make the game’s launch and was delayed into 2021. But now Ubisoft is finally opening up the online floodgates (on most platforms) through the Watch Dogs Legion 3.20 update patch notes that add the multiplayer modes.
Watch Dogs Legion multiplayer will have a peculiar launch
A message from the Watch Dogs: Legion team about the Online Mode: pic.twitter.com/VVeaZ7v7yb
— Watch Dogs: Legion (@watchdogsgame) March 5, 2021
This update will hit all available platforms on March 8 in anticipation for the soft March 9 launch. It will also have a huge range of download sizes for each of the systems. It will be around 10 GB for PS4, 2.3 GB for PS5, and 19GB for Xbox Series X and Xbox One. Stadia users obviously will not need to download anything. There are also a few bug fixes in the download that involve missing wardrobes, crashes, and more.
But don’t expect this multiplayer launch to be perfect. On March 5, Ubisoft tweeted a list of known problems. For example, PC and Amazon Luna players will have to wait since there were some issues with certain GPUs. There is no current PC release date.
The cooperative Tactical Ops mission has also been delayed on Stadia and console platforms because of crashing so it will be coming on March 23. The PS4 and PS5 will have “limited in-game text chat” that will be fixed on March 23. There’s a whole swath of small issues that seem to be delaying or pushing parts of this game’s online offerings.
The online mode is a standalone mode, meaning it will boot up a separate instance of London with new operatives. There are also co-op missions players can tackle in hopes to finally go after the Tactical Ops, which are five-stage challenges. If anyone is eliminated, everyone has to start over from the beginning. Spider-Bot Arenas are for the more aggressive players, as they are more like battlebot challenges with Spider-Bots instead of humans.
Watch Dogs Legion 3.20 update patch notes
- Fixed an issue that caused several masks to go missing from players’ wardrobes after TU3.0.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when performing an operative swap in specific areas of the open world.
- Fixed an issue that would cause placeholder text to be displayed for inactive operatives when inspecting them while in a restricted area.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when ray tracing was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze when selecting a tab in the in-game store.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a notification to appear when completing time limited challenges.
- Fixed an issue that could cause buildings in the open world to become temporarily invisible. No more hide and seek!
- Fixed an issue that could cause security cameras and lasers to trigger an alarm on operatives with uniformed access.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when using the Deep Profiler while having menu narration enabled.
Xbox Series X/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when accessing the different categories in the in-game store.
- Fixed several issues that could cause graphical corruptions to occur.