The Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 update patch notes have been revealed, showing what’s included in the brand new MHR update. New additions included players’ hunter rank cap becoming unlocked when certain conditions are map, while new monsters will also start intruding on some quests.
This substantial new update will introduce brand new DLC monsters, with images being shared online purporting to outline the content in the 2.0 patch suggesting that certain fan favorites will return.
Among the monsters allegedly set to be included are Chameleos, Kushala Daora, Teostra, Apex Diablos, and Apex Rathalos. These can be viewed below:
— Socks #MHRise (@SocksyBear) April 27, 2021
Capcom has yet to officially confirm the new monsters, though the full patch notes have already been posted online.
What’s in the Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 update patch notes?
Major New Features
Added story elements:
- Your hunter rank cap will be unlocked when certain conditions are met.
- New monsters will start intruding on some quests.
Added elements after unlocking hunter rank cap:
- New monsters will appear in Village and Hub quests.
- New monsters will appear in the Rampage.
- New quests, Arena quests, and requests will be available.
- New weapon trees, armor, petalaces, and items will be available.
- New skills and Rampage Skills will be available.
- Armor upgrade level cap will be unlocked.
- New decorations will be available to forge at the Smithy.
- Layered armor will be available to forge at the Smithy.
- Palico and Palamute layered armor will be available to forge at the Buddy Smithy.
- Palico and Palamute level cap will be unlocked up to level 50.
- Default level for Palico and Palamute hired from the Buddy Scout will be raised.
Added system elements:
- New Guild Card awards will be available.
- You will be able to change your hunter’s appearance from the Character Select menu using a Character Edit Voucher.
- Some bugs have been fixed.
Monster Hunter Rise 2.0 update release date and time
The new MHR patch is set to go live today on April 27 or April 28, 2021, depending on your timezone . The official Monster Hunter Twitter account has confirmed a rough estimate of when the patch should be available to download, with it set to go live at the following times in the US and UK:
- 5 PM PDT
- 8 PM EDT
- 1 AM BST
The download should automatically start if you have Monster Hunter Rise installed. If not, you can download the patch by selecting the game from your library.
In other news, Lost Soul Aside recently received a large gameplay demo highlighting its mix of Dark Souls and Devil May Cry combat. Super Mario Party also received its first major update in 2 years, finally adding online multiplayer.