Picture the scene: you’ve finally bitten the bullet and bought Overwatch, eager to see what the fuss is all about. You fire up the game, go to log in and… you’re met with Overwatch login error BC-127. At first, there may not seem like an obvious fix as it’s not server or connection-related but, rather, an account problem on your end. So, here’s how to fix error BC-127.
Overwatch Login Error BC-127: What is the Error?
The error code only appears to affect new users, or users playing Overwatch from either a new PS4 or Xbox One account. Officially, Blizzard has referred to it in the past as a ‘locale restriction’, presumably trying to stop players from accessing the game from a region that they’re not to be hailing from.
BC-127 is a locale restriction. You may not be able to access Overwatch from the locale your account is set to. Contact PSN
— BlizzardCS (@BlizzardCS) September 11, 2016
Overwatch Login Error BC-127: How to Fix
Thankfully, the fix is nice and simple. You must either:
- Create a new Battle.net account, then follow the second step
- Link your new (or current) Battle.net account to your console Gamertag or PSN ID.
To do so, log in at battle.net and then head to ‘My Account’. From there, it’s simple enough to link the two together.
You must then log into your now-linked Battle.net account on either PS4 or Xbox One.
Overwatch Login Error BC-127: Fix via Console
If you’d prefer to do this process on consoles, then simply follow Blizzard’s steps (via battle.net)
- While in the game, open the main menu and choose Link Account.
Note: This will temporarily disconnect you from Overwatch while you link your accounts.
- Choose Log In and fill in all necessary information. Choose Create Free Account if you don’t have a Blizzard account.
- After your accounts are connected, choose Return to Connected Accounts.
- Select the Redeem Digital Goodies button to claim your in-game goodies on your Blizzard account.
Note: In-game goodies can only be claimed once, and cannot be undone.