A number of Overwatch PTR hero changes are included in the latest update to the game’s test server. The new Overwatch PTR update follows the recent reveal of new hero Baptiste. Baptiste came to the PTR in a previous update and was accompanied by one of Overwatch’s largest selections of character changes. In advance of the upcoming Overwatch update to the main game, this PTR update will let players test a series of buffs and nerfs to existing characters. Check out the upcoming Overwatch patch notes below.
Overwatch PTR Hero Changes | Hero buffs and nerfs
The highlights of the changes include nerfs for Lucio and Zenyatta, as well as a buff for Junkrat. These Overwatch PTR hero changes will see three updates for Lucio. The support character will see the effect of his Speed Song lowered as well as the Amp It Up version of this ability reduced too. However, there is a positive for Lucio mains in this update; Lucio does come out of the update with his passive movement speed increased while his wall riding has been doubled. In the Blizzard forum post detailing the hero changes, developer Geoff Goodman explained that Lucio’s change was to reset his speed to what it was before a previous Speed Song nerf.
The other major nerf will be hitting Zenyatta. The character will see their Orb of Discord ability taken down a notch, though the Orb of Destruction does get a small buff. For fans of Aussie damage character, Junkrat, there’s some good news — his frag launcher is getting a sizeable damage buff.
The hero buffs and nerfs don’t end with those three characters. McCree and Symmetra will see their stats improved, while Reaper and Zarya each have a nerf each coming their way.
Geoff Goodman stated that he didn’t know when these changes were going to be live in the PTR but that Blizzard is aiming for tomorrow (March 1) or Friday.
Overwatch PTR Hero Changes | Patch Notes
- Frag Launcher: Impact damage increased from 40 to 60
- Speed Song: Effect lowered from 30% to 20%
- Amp it up: Speed song amped effect reduced from 70% to 50%
- Wall Ride: Passive movement speed gained while wall riding increased from 20% to 40%.
- Bonus damage ramp from the previous 1.34 change will now begin after 1.5s, down from 2.5.
- Passive: Healing amount reduced from 50% to 40%
- Photon Projector: Primary fire damage ramp speed increased by 20%
- Particle Cannon: Alternate fire radius reduced from 2-3 to 1-2 (based on energy level)
- Orb of Discord: Effect reduced from 30% to 25%
- Orb of Destruction: Damage increased from 46 to 48