Whether you’re looking to put your friends to shame with a higher rank, or just want to unlock a specific item or game feature, you’re probably thinking about how to maximize your experience (XP) gain in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Well then, here’s everything you need to know about how to level up fast in Modern Warfare 2019.
Fastest way to level up in Modern Warfare
There are a number of ways you can boost your XP earnings in Infinity Ward and Activision’s latest FPS, but first, you’ll want to make sure you’re focusing on playing competitive multiplayer. The cooperative Spec Ops mode doesn’t pay out rewards at the time of writing, making it a great place to have fun with friends, but a terrible place to attempt increasing your rank.
With that in mind, here’s how to get the best returns on your time:
- Activate XP Tokens to multiply what you earn; learn how to do so here
- Participate in XP weekend events; follow Call of Duty on Twitter for updates
- Focus on ranking up different guns, granting bonus XP from attachment unlocks and the completion of challenges
- Ensure that you always have a mission equipped—which you can do in the challenges menu—and actively work towards it
- Play often and pay special attention to the daily challenges, as completing them awards bonus XP
Those are the things you can actively start doing as of now to improve your XP gains. Of course, as you also devote more time to Modern Warfare and in the process become a better player, you should gradually begin to earn more experience across each game session.
One final tip: After an XP Token has been activated, the timer will proceed to run down even if you stop playing. As such, it’s usually a good idea not to stack them and risk needing to step away from the game with an experience multiplier still active.
More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Guides
Check out our list of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare guides below: