The Destiny 2 1.44 update is live today, November 7, bringing additional fixes to Bungie’s MMO shooter. This hotfix doesn’t bring massive changes to the game, instead solving a few hiccups that could be hindering player progression. It also changes a few things related to the Season Pass, improving players’ chances of getting a couple of specific weapons. Read on to learn everything about Destiny 2’s latest update.
Destiny 2 1.44 Update Patch Notes (184.108.40.206) | Highlights
In case you were wondering if the Izanagi’s Burden is bugged, well… the answer is a resounding yes. While a fix was previously released, it didn’t seem to entirely iron out the bugs that are preventing some players from beating the quest. The new update will hopefully put this matter to rest, as the issue where Forge Keys didn’t count toward the Mysterious Box quest progression should now be solved. Still on the Izanagi’s Burden quest, Bungie came up with a fix for the problem where the Obsidian Crystal wouldn’t get you the necessary quest progression.
A slight adjustment was made to the Power that the pinnacle rewards granted, going from +1 to +2. Rewards are the final topic of the Destiny 2 1.44 update, with the Weekly Eris Challenge failing to deliver the powerful reward that you expected and dearly deserved; with this fix, you should get the reward that you are entitled to. Last but not least, there is now a chance that the Season Pass weapons Pluperfect and Temporal Clause drop from Vex Offensive after you have obtained them.
The full patch notes below will give you the rundown on all the changes and fixes. Unfortunately, there is no new content in sight, but Bungie is surely working on new missions and events, not to mention the next Destiny 2 raid. In the meantime, you should look forward to the release of Vex Offensive: Final Assault on November 19, so you can start picturing the cool loot that you’ll get from it.
Destiny 2 1.44 Update Patch Notes (220.127.116.11) | Full Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue causing Forge Keys to not count towards Mysterious Box (Izanagi’s Burden) Quest Progression
- Players affected by this should find the corresponding objective marked correctly after logging in.
- Fixed an issue where the Obsidian Crystal would not give Quest Progression
- Players affected by this will need to reacquire a Black Armory Rare bounty, and then complete and claim it to get another Obsidian Crystal.
- Adjusted the Power granted by pinnacle rewards to +2 instead of +1
- The Season Pass weapons Pluperfect and Temporal Clause now have a chance to drop from Vex Offensive after you have obtained them.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the Weekly Eris Challenge to not drop a Powerful reward
- Fixed an issue causing the “Ashes to Assets” perk to provide Super energy at an unintended level