The Fortnite 2.50 update patch notes (11.31) have now been shared by developer Epic Games. This new Fortnite patch is now rolling out across PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iPhone, and Android. Downtime is unfortunately required for this new patch to be implemented, which means players won’t be able to access the game until maintenance has concluded. When the downtime begins, players should find that the new Fortnite update automatically downloads. If this isn’t the case for you, simply select the “Check for update” option on your console or PC to force the download. It comes in at 1.145 GB on PS4. Changes implemented by the December 18 update include: a fix for the “Eliminations without aiming down sights” challenge, the Item Shop timer now being in sync, and more. Read on for the full list of patch notes.
Fortnite 2.50 Update Patch Notes | Highlights (11.31)
The big new feature implements by the Fortnite 2.50 update is the Battle Lab. This allows users to jump into their own Battle Royale island and set the rules. Tweakable options include: selecting different Limited Time Mode loot pools, setting up combat scenarios with the new Bot Grenades, and changing the gravity and fall damage.
The Playground mode has now been incorporated with Creative. Select “Play” instead of “Create” to enjoy the Creative maps.
Fortnite 2.50 Update Patch Notes | Full list (11.31)
- Introducing Battle Lab:
- Jump into your own Battle Royale island and set the rules! Select from favorite LTM loot pools, set up combat scenarios with the new Bot Grenades, and create your own mode by setting options like gravity and fall damage.
- Fill your game with up to 15 friends on your own island, or matchmake with default options in a public Battle Lab.
- New home for Playground:
- Looking for Playground? We’ve incorporated Playground under Creative. Play Creative maps with others by queuing for Creative and choosing “Play” instead of “Create.”
- Issue with “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Challenge.
- “Join Party” through “Joinable Parties” not working on controller.
- Seeing the Edit option on enemy walls.
- Item Shop timer out of sync.
- Options within the Class Designer Device say, “option” instead of the correct setting.
- Increase in memory usage in Creative maps
- Green Christmas tree no longer emits light
Save the World
- Sniper Scopes missing crosshairs.
- Heroes do not display in the Lobby.
- Fire/Build button disappears after jumping in modes with glider redeploy
- FPS drops and hitching on Mobile.
- Unable to exit HUD Layout Tool
More Fortnite Guides
Check out our list of Fortnite guides below: