The Pokemon Sword and Shield Assault Vest is an in-game item that seems out of place at first. Assault Vests are real-world protective gear most often worn by military personnel and law-enforcers to protect themselves, though, in this instance, they’re being used to protect your Pokemon from Special Attacks instead. This defense boost does come with a small countermeasure, however, which we’ll detail in this guide along with where to find the Assault Vest Pokemon item.
Pokemon Sword and Shield Assault Vest location
In order to get your hands on one, you’ll first need to have access to the Rotom Bicycle’s water mode.
Once you’re fully equipped to cross water, simply follow these instructions:
- Open up the Pokemon Sword and Shield map screen
- Locate “Hammerlocke Hills” and fast travel to the area
- Get on you Rotom Bicycle and start riding to your immediate right
- Continue in a straight line until you soon reach an area called “Giant’s Cap”
- Turn left slightly and pass the large rock on your left to enter a body of water
- You’re now in the “Lake of Outrage” and should ride straight to the visible landing on the other side
- Once back on dry land, turn right past the cliff face and head past the long grass
- You should see a single tree just ahead with a Pokeball beneath it
- Contained in the Pokeball is an Assualt Vest
Pokemon Sword and Shield Assault Vest use
The in-game Assault Vest description reads as follows:
An item to be held by a Pokemon. This offensive vest raises Sp. Def but prevents the use of status moves.
As you can see, although the Assault Vest will boost the Special Defence statistic for any Pokemon you instruct to hold it, as a counterbalance, that Pokemon will not be able to use status moves. As such, you don’t want to put the Assualt Vest on a party member that utilizes status moves in any capacity.