If you’ve been playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons then you might just have heard about or encountered a mysterious item named the “Rusted Part.” With no obvious use and a sale price of 10 measly Bells, it might be tempting to dismiss the item as junk — don’t do that, though! For the time being, put your Animal Crossing: New Horizons Rusted Part in storage (here’s how) and it’ll pay off big time later on.
In this Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch guide, we’ll cover how to get Rusted Parts and what they can be used for.
What is the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Rusted Part?
Rusted Parts are easy to dismiss as junk, appearing only to be a broken variation of the game’s working Communicator Parts. This couldn’t be further from the truth, however, as they play a vital part in crafting one of the coolest Animal Crossing: New Horizons items.
How to get Rusted Parts in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Patrol your beaches in search of a seagull named Gulliver; he’ll be lay on the sand having washed ashore
- Gulliver spawns at random, so it’s possible that you could encounter him frequently or quite rarely
- Keep talking to him until he wakes up and tasks you with finding his missing Communicator Parts
- Use a shovel to dig them up where water can be seen spurting up from the sand
- Return the Communicator Parts to Gulliver
- The next real-world day, visit Resident Services to find a single Rusted Part in the Recycling Bin
How to use Rusted Parts in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Keep completing the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Gulliver sidequest as many times as you can to save up Rusted Parts, then, in the late game, they can be used to craft the awesome Robot Hero seen in this guide’s featured image.
How to craft the Robot Hero in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Enter Resident Services
- Interact with the Nook Stop terminal
- Select “Redeem Nook Miles”
- Locate the “Robot Hero” D.I.Y Crafting Recipe
- This will unlock later in the game
- Purchase it for 5,000 Nook Miles
- All required Robot Hero crafting materials list:
- 30 Rusted Parts
- 90 Iron Nuggets
- 10 Gold Nuggets
- 1 Gold Armor
- 1 Rocket
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: