A new month has arrived and, along with it, so too have a variety of exciting new creatures in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Nintendo Switch. If you want to fill out your museum and NookPhone Critterpedia, then there’s definitely a lot of work to be getting on with during your virtual island life. So, here’s how to catch a Darner Dragonfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Don’t go anywhere, as this Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch guide covers all of the Darner Dragonfly New Horizons details you need to know.
How do you catch a Darner Dragonfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Darner Dragonflies can be caught between the months of April and October for Animal Crossing: New Horizons players in the Northern Hemisphere. Meanwhile, those in the Southern Hemisphere can expect to capture one from October to April. Regardless of which you fall under, the Darner Dragonfly will appear quite frequently between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm.
How to catch a Darner Dragonfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Ensure that you’re playing between April and October in the Nothern Hemisphere. (In the Southern Hemisphere, it’ll need to be between October and April.)
- Make sure that the time is anywhere between 8 am and 5 pm.
- With your net ready, keep an eye on the ground for a green dragonfly.
- Slowly approach the bug, position yourself correctly, then press the “A” button to catch it.
- If the Darner Dragonfly flees, quickly give chase until it stops.
- Attempt the capture again.
If a Darner Dragonfly is hovering above water out of the range of your net, then keep a close eye on it. If it doesn’t come towards land, unfortunately, there’s nothing that you can do about it. In this instance, you’ll just have to keep your eyes peeled until you spot another while playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons.