There’s always plenty to do in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, though one of the more pressing matters is capturing a beautiful Peacock Butterfly that’ll come to call your museum home. Not only that, but you’ll also be closer to completing the insightful Critterpedia app on your NookPhone. So, stick with our how to catch Peacock Butterfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons guide to learn everything you need to know.
How do you catch a Peacock Butterfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
The Peacock Butterfly is a type of bug that can be caught by Animal Crossing: New Horizons players using a net. As with other creatures in the game, however, you’ll need to know the conditions surrounding when and where they can spawn before heading out in search of one.
Below you’ll find everything you need to know in order to get a Peacock Butterfly in Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch.
How to catch Peacock Butterfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Make sure that you’re playing between March and June in the Northern Hemisphere. (Southern Hemisphere players can find Peacock Butterflies from September to December.)
- Ensure that you’re playing between the hours of 4 am and 7 am.
- Peacock Butterflies will appear near hybrid/crossbred flowers.
- If you meet the above requirements and think you see a Peacock Butterfly, equip your net.
- Hold the “A” button and slowly approach the bug.
- Position yourself correctly, then release the “A” button to capture it in your net.
With a bit of luck, you should now be the proud new owner of an Animal Crossing Peacock Butterfly. What you choose to do with it is up to you, though to save you checking in-game, the sale price of a New Horizons Peacock Butterfly is 2,500 Bells. Due to its rarity, we’d recommend donating your newfound friend to Blathers at the museum.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: