Today marks the anticipated release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons‘ version 1.2.0 update, along with a new island visitor by the name of Redd. This sly fox will be familiar to longtime fans of the series, although, now that he’s been brought over to Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch, lots of players have been left wondering: “Where is Redd in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?”
Stick with this guide to learn all you need to know about Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler and Redd’s location in AC: New Horizons.
Where to find Redd in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
While Redd is an island visitor that comes and goes — similar to the likes of Gulliver and Sahara — you’ll need to trigger his Animal Crossing: New Horizons appearance manually. It can be argued that Redd is the most important of all the game’s island visitors, what with him being central to collecting paintings, sculptures, and other antiquities to display in the museum’s new art gallery.
If you want to get to work finding Redd in New Horizons and filling out the art gallery for the first time on Nintendo Switch, here’s how:
How to find Redd in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Download the Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.2.0 patch.
- Head to your museum and speak with Blathers.
- He’ll inform you that he wants to open an art gallery. (Note: If you’re early in the game and this dialogue doesn’t trigger, you need to donate more items.)
- The next day, Isabelle will inform you that Redd has arrived on the island.
- Locate and speak with Redd; he’ll be wandering around your island on foot.
- Decline to purchase Redd’s painting, then buy it when he immediately drops the price.
- Return to Blathers and donate the painting to begin construction of an art gallery.
- Two days later, construction will be complete.
- Locate and speak to Redd on your island once more.
- Navigate to your island’s secret beach to find Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler.
- Board the boat, where you can buy one piece of art from Redd each day (if he’s present).
Now you can stop asking yourself “Where is Redd in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?” and get back to fully enjoying the game on Nintendo Switch.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: