When choosing your island at the beginning of Animal Crossing: New Horizons — check our guide on which is the best to pick — you might notice that all options feature a small patch of sand stranded out amongst rocks. These are generally on the northern border (at the top of the map) and seemingly inaccessible, though, with a little ingenuity, it’s possible to reach the Animal Crossing: New Horizons secret beach and discover any mysteries it might hold.
Stick with this guide to learn how you can access the final frontier of your Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch deserted island map.
How do you reach the Animal Crossing: New Horizons secret beach?
Every Animal Crossing: New Horizons player has a secret beach and, naturally, has an urge to explore it after learning that fact. Below is a step-by-step guide on everything you need to do in order to set foot on yours.
How to reach the Animal Crossing: New Horizons secret beach
- Ensure that you have a ladder
- You can build a ladder after gaining the DIY recipe from Tom Nook
- Press the “ZL” button to bring up your NookPhone
- Select the “Map” application
- Search the edges of your island for a small patch of sand, cut off from the other beaches
- Start making your way there and check the map again if you get lost
- Once you’re at the right location, use your ladder to safely descend to the secret beach
In our experience, unfortunately, there’s nothing particularly special to do at the Animal Crossing: New Horizons secret beach. That being said, it’s definitely a fun place to decorate and use as a temporary hideaway from busy island life and the demands of Tom Nook.
If you visit a friend’s island, it’s also a great place to bury a secret gift and see how long it takes them to discover it.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: