Upgrading tools to make them more durable is one of the main goals in Nintendo’s Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but then, so is making your island look as pretty as possible. If the latter is highest on your list of priorities, then Animal Crossing: New Horizons Outdoorsy tools are just what you need.
These Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch tools aren’t any more durable than their standard counterparts, but they do inject some color into toiling away for improved island life. Here’s how to get the Outdoorsy fishing rod, net, shovel, slingshot, and watering can.
How do you get Animal Crossing: New Horizons Outdoorsy tools?
Unlike a lot of other ACNH tools, there are no Outdoorsy tools D.I.Y. recipes allowing you to craft your own. Instead, these aesthetically pleasing gardening implements can only be purchased from the Nook’s Cranny cabinet lurking in the back left corner of the store. Before being able to do so, however, you’ll first need to upgrade Timmy and Tommy’s shop by spending a total of 70,000 Bells in Nook’s Cranny.
When construction of the upgraded Nook’s Cranny building is complete, you’ll find that a variety of Outdoorsy tools are now in stock.
How to get Animal Crossing: New Horizons Outdoorsy tools
- Upgrade Nook’s Cranny by cumulatively spending 70,000 Bells there and 30 days have passed.
- Wait a day for construction to be completed.
- Enter the upgraded Nook’s Cranny store and head to the cabinet in the back left corner.
- Interact with the cabinet, then locate and purchase Outdoorsy tools.
All Animal Crossing: New Horizons Outdoorsy tools list
- Outdoorsy fishing rod — 2,500 Bells
- Outdoorsy net — 2,500 Bells
- Outdoorsy shovel — 2,500 Bells
- Outdoorsy slingshot — 2,500 Bells
- Outdoorsy watering can — 2,500 Bells
As you can see, not all tools have an Outdoorsy variant; for example, there is no Outdoorsy axe in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: