Playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons with friends is always a good time — well, unless you encounter annoying connection issues, that is. Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch connection errors can quickly put a stop to your fun, though, thankfully, this one is easy to fix. Stick with us for the Animal Crossing: New Horizons “Communication with the destination locale interrupted” error fix.
ACNH ‘Communication with the destination locale interrupted’ error fix
The irksome AC: New Horizons “Communication with the destination locale has been interrupted” error can pop up in a couple of places. You might encounter it when first trying to visit another player’s island, or when you’re already there and get unceremoniously booted off. Whichever happens to you doesn’t really matter, as the solution is often as easy as attempting to reconnect.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons ‘Communication with the destination locale interrupted’ error fix
- After encountering the error, simply head to the airport and try using the Dodo Code again.
- If you still encounter a communication error, close the game completely.
- Reset your internet router.
- After waiting for it to fully reboot, launch ACNH on your Nintendo Switch.
- Head to the airport and enter the Dodo Code once more.
- Still no luck? If possible, try connecting your Switch to another Wi-Fi network.
- If the problem persists, ask the host to create a new multiplayer session in order to generate a new Dodo Code.
- Attempt to connect via the new Dodo Code.
Should you try all of the above and still run into the issue, it’s possible that the problem isn’t on your end. If Nintendo is experiencing ACNH server issues, this could definitely cause you to encounter a communication error. We’d recommend checking the Nintendo Online status page and Animal Crossing Twitter for updates. Even if no issues listed, wait a while and try again before reaching out to Nintendo Support.
Hopefully, this Animal Crossing: New Horizons ‘Communication with the destination locale interrupted’ error fix will have you back online ASAP.