Ammo is at a premium in The Last of Us 2 and with all the nasties waiting around seemingly every corner, you won’t want to waste any. Thankfully, we’re here to let you in on how to find more ammo in The Last of Us 2. Read on to find out how to get more The Last of Us 2 ammo. Below, you’ll find out how to get hold of more ammo in the game and how to make the most of its limited supply.
How to find more ammo in The Last of Us 2?
Look everywhere. You’ll find ammo hidden away in nooks and crannies throughout the game. Make sure you fully search all rooms and defeated enemies for useful ammunition rations. While it sounds simple, it’s easy to forget and move on from areas before you’ve fully scoured the environment for its secrets and hidden items. Be warned, however, that ammo is more scarce in The Last of Us 2 than it is in the original game, on whatever difficulty you play on. No matter how hard you look, you won’t find too much ammunition lying around.
Thankfully, there are other ways in which you can keep your ammo supplies healthy (enough) in The Last of Us 2. Below, we’ve provided a list of how to find more ammo in The Last of Us 2. Check it out:
- Thoroughly check every environment, room, and defeated enemy for potential ammo as loot.
- Loot the corpse to collect arrows you fired at them.
- Not all collected arrows will be reuseable.
- Aim for headshots to increase chances of arrows being reusable.
- Upgrade relevant Skill Trees to be able to craft ammo for certain weapons.
Making the most of your ammo in The Last of Us 2 is just as useful as finding more ammunition. Follow these steps to save on ammo in The Last of Us 2 and survive:
- Aim for headshots.
- Stagger an enemy with one shot, then go in for a melee kill.
- Use melee attacks whenever possible.
- Don’t be afraid to run away!
Now that you know how to find more ammo in The Last of Us 2 and how to make the most of its scarcity, you should survive, and, hopefully, thrive.
More The Last of Us 2 guides
Check out our list of The Last of Us 2 guides below: