Can you play Fortnite on Nintendo Switch Lite? If you’re planning to pick up one of the latest Nintendo Switch models, then there’s no harm in making sure that Fortnite is compatible. After all, it’d be a nightmare to discover that there wasn’t Fortnite Nintendo Switch Lite support after buying the handheld console! Keep scrolling to discover if you can play Fortnite on Switch Lite.
Is Fortnite compatible with Nintendo Switch Lite?
Yes, you can play Fortnite on Nintendo Switch Lite. Here’s how:
- Turn your Nintendo Switch Lite console on.
- Navigate to the “Nintendo eShop” by selecting the shopping bag icon.
- Choose the user you wish to browse the eShop as.
- Select “Search” from the sidebar and enter “Fortnite” as your keyword.
- Select Fortnite from the list of results.
- Press the “Free Download” button on the Fortnite Nintendo eShop page.
- Press “Free Download” again to confirm.
- Fortnite will now download to your Nintendo Switch Lite console.
- Once the download is complete, simply select the game from the Home screen to play.
A vast majority of Nintendo Switch games are fully compatible with the Nintendo Switch Lite. There are a few titles in which certain features aren’t supported due to the inability to dock and the lack of detachable Joy-Con, but Fortnite is not one of them. Other than the fact you can’t play on a TV, Fortnite for Nintendo Switch Lite offers the same experience as playing on a standard Switch.
If you’re a new or soon-to-be Nintendo Switch Lite owner, you might want to check out our best carrying cases list.
Should you just want more Fortnite in your life, here’s where to find Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. We’ve also got all of the details on how to unlock X-Men villain Mystique and use her to steal other players’ skins!