As Rocket League Season 1 and the Rocket League x Fortnite event approach, developer Psyonix has released a patch containing several bug fixes and improvements. Keep scrolling for the full Rocket League update 1.82 patch notes on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Complete Rocket League Update 1.82 Patch Notes
The Rocket League 1.82 update is available across all platforms starting today, September 22. It includes several bug fixes and a single change to the game’s user interface.
Most changes relate to minor visual errors and quality of life tweaks, though a pair of troublesome bugs have also been squashed. Steam gamepad issues have been fixed, along with an issue affecting friend invites on Nintendo Switch.
Rocket League Update 1.82 Patch Notes
Changes and updates
- User interface
- The Play Menu will now close automatically after searching when away from the Main Menu.
- The Play Menu will now correctly remember the last chosen Playlist between sessions.
- Fixed a bug causing team color adjustments to change which preset is being customized.
- [Steam] Fixed Steam input support for controllers including Sony DualShock 4, Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
- Glowing wall cage effect fixed in Mannfield, Farmstead.
- Fixed a bug preventing successful friend invites to Nintendo Switch accounts on the ‘Recent Players’ list.
- NBA flags now appear correctly when customizing a car.
The Rocket League 1.82 patch is only a small one, but there’s plenty more to come in the near future. Rocket League is going free-to-play from tomorrow, and to celebrate, there’s a Fortnite crossover event scheduled to start this weekend.
Since demand for the game is likely to increase as a result, these general stability fixes came at an ideal time for newcomers.
Hopefully, an influx of new players could convince Psyonix to develop next-gen versions of Rocket League. There are no current plans that we know of, but Rocket League Xbox Series X and PS5 versions almost seem like a no-brainer.