What are the Rocket League update patch notes? The September 29 update brings with it a number of changes that are worth noting across PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC versions of the game. The 1.83 update is available from 8 AM PDT/3 PM UTC. Read on to find out everything that is being fixed and changed in the Rocket League September 29 update. Discover the complete list of Rocket League 1.83 update patch notes below.
Rocket League 1.83 update patch notes
The new Rocket League update is a small patch that brings with it a number of fixes across PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. As always, you will need to download and install the latest Rocket League update to continue playing the game online. Small though it is, a couple of the bug fixes are rather important. A fix for the annoying Friends List bug, for example, has been implemented. Read the full list below.
Rocket League 1.83 patch notes
- Bug Fixes
- The Play Menu will now correctly remember the last chosen Casual Playlist between sessions
- Fixed stability issues related to the Friends List affecting players since the September Update
- Thank you to Bluey, FreaKii, Satthew, Sotus, and Jonsandman for helping us with this bug!
- Fixed an issue causing players to sometimes load into a match with no opposing team
- Fixed a bug preventing players invited to a party from joining a Tournament with the rest of the party
- Tournament reward summary will no longer appear in front of your bracket when waiting to play in the finals
- Fixed accolades sometimes appearing as “0” in the post-game screen
Arguably the most significant change is that the Friends List bug has been fixed. This should, hopefully, allay some of the fears of the game freezing on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Before the update, following the game’s move to free-to-play, players would notice the game freezing, linking it somewhat to the introduction of the Epic Games Friends List. Hopefully, the 1.83 update has fixed this freezing issue to some extent, at least.
In other fixes, Rocket League should now remember your last played Casual Playlist between play sessions. You should no longer load into matches without any opposition players, either. Tournament invites should now work properly moving forward, too. Find it all out in the patch notes below. Sadly, there doesn’t appear to be a fix for the Epic Online Services struggles in this patch.