Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game, but it has a number of premium items that cost real-world money. For players who are particularly enamored by this hit new RPG, paying money for the Battle Pass and Crystals will seem justified. Unfortunately, for some users on PC, PS4, iOS, and Android, the Genshin Impact card decline error is rejecting payments. Here’s the need-to-know and how to fix cards declining.
Why did my card decline in Genshin Impact?
In order to buy premium items in Genshin Impact, users are required to enter card details. Whether directly through a credit or debit card number, or via Apple Pay, a card must be charged for Crystals and other items to be successfully purchased. Unfortunately, the card decline error can stop would-be buyers in their tracks.
The Genshin Impact card decline error can appear for a number of reasons, including:
- Bank detecting suspicious activity.
- Users will want to confirm with their bank that the payments are correct.
- Payment limit on cards.
- Some credit or debit cards have manual limits that may need to be removed.
- Unknown error.
- Some cards can work one moment and then stop working the next.
How to fix card declining in Genshin Impact
To fix Genshin Impact card declined errors, users will want to try the following:
- Try a different platform.
- Android or iPhone users can use cross-save to access your save on PC, and vice versa. Try making the purchase on that platform instead.
- Purchase vouchers instead.
- PS4 players can purchase PlayStation Store credit and use that to buy Crystals and other items in Genshin Impact.
- Try a different card.
- For those with multiple credit or debit cards, it’s possible that a different card will work.
Can I use PayPal with Genshin Impact?
It would be great for players to be able to use PayPal with Genshin Impact. This will add a layer of security and make it easy to purchase Crystals without needing to worry about card declined errors.
At the time of writing, Genshin Impact does not accept PayPal payments. What’s more, developer miHoYo hasn’t mentioned PayPal in its support roadmap.
With those card decline problems fixed, it’s time to get playing again. For those who aren’t sure what friendship does in Genshin Impact, this guide is sure to help.
While this guide focused on real-world money, it’s also important for players to have a lot of in-game Mora. Here’s how to make money quickly in this hot new RPG.