Nobody wants to be searching for a Watch Dogs: Legion crashing fix, but for some players, the game keeps crashing and keeps freezing on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Here’s how to stop the new Watch Dogs crashing and freezing across PC and consoles.
Why does Watch Dogs: Legion keep crashing?
Players are currently experiencing a variety of issues with Watch Dogs: Legion crashing. The game is crashing for a variety of reasons, including:
- Crashes each time new recruits are added
- Has issues with DirectX 12 on PC
- Hard crashes with no error code on PC, PS4, and Xbox One
How to stop Watch Dogs: Legion crashing
Watch Dogs: Legion crashes can be caused by a variety of issues. Sometimes a seemingly random blue screen on PC can spoil the fun, at other times overheating issues can force a shutdown. Below are fixes for the most common problems on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Watch Dogs: Legion PC crashing fix
- Ensure latest Nvidia or AMD graphics card driver is installed
- Close down unnecessary apps running in the background
- Lower graphics settings can trigger a crash on lower-end hardware
- Update Windows 10 to the latest version
You can also fine-tune your PC settings using our best PC settings guide.
Watch Dogs: Legion PS4 crashing fix
- “Check for update” by highlighting the game at the home screen and hitting the “Options” button on the controller
- Ensure the PS4 or PS4 Pro is placed in a well-ventilated spot.
Watch Dogs: Legion Xbox One crashing fix
- Download latest patch or wait for the next one
- Move the console to a well-ventilated area
With its massive open world, Watch Dogs: Legion can be a true test for PC, PS4, and Xbox One systems. Thankfully, those experiencing lag or stutter can try these troubleshooting tips to aid smoother performance.
Players will also want to make sure they unlock these best Tech upgrades as soon as possible, as it makes Watch Dogs: Legion even more enjoyable.
Prestige Operatives are some of the best characters in the game and the ultimate goal for any player’s roster. Aim to get them early to take advantage of their awesome skills.
Game Revolution’s Watch Dogs: Legion review is now ready to read. The review describes the game as “Pokemon but with people” and scored it highly.