The “Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined” error on PC is affecting users. This crashing error can prevent the game from booting, instead showing players a loading screen that eventually freezes and crashes. Here’s how to fix it.
How to fix the ‘Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined’ error
To fix the “Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined” error, PC players will first want to restart the game. At the time of writing, the game has just launched, and occasional crashes are expected for a title of this scale.
If restarting the game fails, follow these instructions to troubleshoot the issue:
“Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined” error fix
- Restart the PC.
- We at GameRevolution have solved this error by restarting our PCs. For whatever reason, it works.
- Install the new Nvidia or AMD drivers.
- Ensuring that your graphics cards’ drivers are up to date can help with this crashing issue.
- Close any conflicting applications.
- Programs like MSI Afterburner and other apps that use an overlay can often cause games to crash. Disable them and try booting Cyberpunk 2077 again.
As Cyberpunk 2077 receives more post-launch support through patches, players should hopefully experience fewer crashing issues. It’s possible that developer CD Projekt RED will roll out a fix to permanently solve the “Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined” error. Until then, the steps above should help work around it.
Once Cyberpunk 2077 is running again, it’s time to crush any stutter and lag issues by following these steps. This is a demanding game that will tax PCs for years to come, so use these tips to experience a smooth ride.
Crashing and freezing problems can be a nightmare for new Cyberpunk 2077 issues. Find more troubleshooting tips in this GameRevolution guide.
PC issues are one thing, but what about console performance for the base PS4 and Xbox One? Here’s the need-to-know on the older systems that are trying to run this futuristic title.