The Fortnite 2.98 update patch notes have arrived, with the new Fortnite update landing today, December 21, on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch. So what’s in this brand new update from Epic Games? Here are all the details.
What’s in the Fortnite 2.98 update patch notes today?
The new Fortnite update brings with it fixes across the console versions of the game. Following the game’s substantial 15.10 update last week, Epic has used this new update to make some fixes under-the-hood for players, optimizing the game across consoles.
Fortnite update December 21 patch notes
The patch notes are as follows:
- Version 2.98: General stability and bug fixes.
While not an extensive list, there are a number of issues listed by Epic Games that could have potentially been resolved as part of this update. On the developer’s to-do list are the following:
- Fortnite Crew Issues on Xbox – Content Not Received or Removed From Account
- PS5 resolution outputting at 1080p instead of 4K on certain displays
- Long loading screen after completing a session on PlayStation/Xbox
- Cannot create system-level parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite
- Difficulty editing Banner with a controller
- Banner icon not updating properly
- Sound effect audio delay
- PlayStation fulfillment error message
- Michonne Outfit visual issue with Cape back blings
Epic Games has not released the official patch notes for this particular update, so don’t expect any big changes this time around. Instead, the developer has likely made some minor improvements to help its stability and fix some issues with the battle royale game.
Fortnite has received some big changes in recent weeks, with leaks suggesting that even more are on their way. A new Captain Marvel skin has been spotted out in the wild, along with fellow superhero Green Arrow.