The Genshin Impact 1.2 update will arrive in the very near future, introducing two new playable characters to the free-to-play JRPG. Fans are particularly excited to get their hands on Ganyu, however, a Cyro archer that previously made a fleeting appearance within the game. With anticipation high, players are wondering when the Genshin Impact Ganyu release date and time will finally arrive. Here’s the latest on Ganyu coming to PC, PS4, PS5, iOS, and Android.
Genshin Impact Ganyu release date and time
Users are eager to unlock the new Ganyu playable character in Genshin Impact. Many players appreciate her kawaii character design, but also the versatility she can bring to combat via ranged Cryo attacks.
The Genshin Impact Ganyu release date and time is 23 December at 6 AM (GMT +8). Ganyu will launch alongside the Genshin Impact 1.2 update across all platforms at the same time; that’s PC, PS4, PS5, iOS, and Android.
How to download the Genshin Impact 1.2 update including Ganyu
Once the Genshin Impact Ganyu release time and date arrive, players need to download the 1.2 update before they can unlock the new playable character.
Here’s how to download the Genshin Impact 1.2 update:
How to download the Genshin Impact 1.2 update on PS4 and PS5
- Highlight Genshin Impact on the PlayStation home screen.
- Press the “Options” button.
- Select the “Check for updates” option.
- Wait for Genshin Impact patch 1.2 to download.
How to download the Genshin Impact 1.2 update on iOS
- Open the App Store.
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap the “Update” button next to Genshin Impact.
How to download the Genshin Impact 1.2 update on Android
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top left.
- Choose the “My apps & games” option.
- Select Genshin Impact to update the game.
How to download the Genshin Impact 1.2 update on PC
The Genshin Impact 1.2 PC update can give some users trouble. Fortunately, u/lailaloca has shared a workaround on Reddit.
- Update the Genshin Impact launcher.
- Open the launcher, then click on the download icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Copy this text, minus the quotes: “%ProgramW6432%/Genshin Impact/Genshin Impact Game”
- Press Windows + R, paste the text, then click the “OK” button.
- Pause the download via the launcher if there’s a “1.1.0_1.2.0_diff_05iLh6TP.zip_tmp” file.
- Close the launcher completely, then click here to download the update.
- Once the download is complete, return to the folder accessed during the fourth step.
- Delete the “1.1.0_1.2.0_diff_05iLh6TP.zip_tmp” file and copy the download into the folder.
- Open the Genshin Impact launcher and resume the update.
By following the above workaround, it should be possible to fix the Genshin Impact 1.2 update corruption bug on PC.