Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, though all that typing can be pretty time-consuming. Sharing links especially takes forever if a user doesn’t know how to copy and paste. So, here’s how to copy and paste on Facebook for PC, Mac, iOS, and Android. Whichever way people use the social media platform, this guide covers all bases for the desktop website and mobile apps.
How to copy and paste on the Facebook desktop website
The copy and paste function, as its name suggests, allows users to quickly copy a portion of text and then paste (i.e. replicate) it elsewhere. It’s very easy to do after learning the process for the first time.
How to copy and paste on Facebook from a Windows PC
- Position the mouse cursor at the start of the desired text.
- Click and hold the left mouse button, then drag the cursor to the end of the desired text.
- Hold down the Control (Ctrl) key, then press C on the keyboard to copy.
- Click the desired Facebook text field.
- Hold down the Ctrl key, then press V on the keyboard to paste.
How to copy and paste on Facebook from a Mac
- Place the mouse cursor at the beginning of the text that will be copied.
- Click and hold, then drag the cursor to the end of the desired portion of text.
- Hold down the Command (Cmd) key, then press C on the keyboard to copy.
- Click the appropriate text field on the Facebook website.
- Hold the Cmd key, then press V to paste.
Copying and pasting to Facebook from a desktop computer is as simple as that.
How to copy and paste on the Facebook mobile app for iOS and Android
How to copy and paste on Facebook from an Apple iPhone
- Tap and hold the first word in the block of text that will be copied.
- Drag the highlight to cover all of the desired text.
- Tap the “Copy” button.
- In the Facebook (or Facebook Messenger) app, tap the appropriate text field.
- Tap and hold the cursor, then tap the “Paste” button.
How to copy and paste on Facebook from an Android device
- Tap and hold the beginning of the text block that will be copied.
- Drag the highlighted portion until it covers all of the appropriate text.
- Tap the “Copy” button that appears.
- On Facebook (or the Facebook Messenger application), tap the desired text field.
- Tap and hold the cursor, then tap “Paste” on the toolbar.
Copy-pasting to Facebook from a smartphone or tablet is quick and convenient when following the above steps.
Check out the answers to these frequently asked questions for more help with using Facebook. Is it possible to recover a deleted account? What is Facebook Katana? What’s the best way to fix connection issues with Messanger?