Both iOS and Android users can struggle to find the “App Appearance” option in the Snapchat settings menu. Usually, this setting lets the user select “Match System,” “Always Light,” or “Always Dark,” but this doesn’t always appear. Rather than missing out on dark mode, here’s how to find “App Appearance” on Snapchat in 2021.
Where to find “App Appearance” on Snapchat
- Ensure the Snapchat app is updated to the latest version.
- This will involve going into the iOS App Store on iPhone or iPad and the Google Play Store on Android.
- Search for “Snapchat” and select “Update,” if it’s available. If it says “Open” then you are on the latest version.
- Open Snapchat and click your profile photo.
- Select the cog Setting icon in the top left corner.
- Find “App Appearance” in the My Account list of options.
- Select “App Appearance” and choose the desired look.
If the App Appearance option still doesn’t appear in the My Account settings, then it will unfortunately mean waiting until future Snapchat updates potentially add it. Certain phones don’t appear to support the feature. Users of older devices may find that their options are more limited in the Snapchat app.
Currently, the only way to turn on dark mode in Snapchat is through the App Appearance option. Without that option, users will have to deal with the default “Match System” setting. Thankfully, enabling dark mode within the device setting should make Snapchat dark, too.
The latest Snapchat trend is the “No Beard Filter.” Here’s how to get and use this potentially hilarious effect.
Those experiencing their Snap Core resetting will want to catch up on this recent guide. It explains why the Snapchat Score resets.
In video game news, a “Nintendo Switch Pro” is rumored to be coming later this year. It will reportedly be equipped with an OLED screen, while also supporting 4K resolution when docked.