The Xbox app for Android, iPhone, and PC is a convenient way to keep in touch with friends, manage installs, make purchases, and more while away from the console. At least, it is when it’s working properly. Many users are encountering the “Oops! Looks like you’re stranded…” error message while using the application in various ways. But, is there a quick and easy fix? Here’s the need-to-know info on a solution to the Xbox application stranding issue.
How to fix Xbox app ‘Oops! Looks like you’re stranded…’ error on mobile
Here’s what to do after getting the “Oops! Looks like you’re stranded…” notification on the Xbox app for Android and iPhone (iOS):
- Pull down to refresh the page
- If that doesn’t work, close and reopen the Xbox app
- Should the issue persist, check the Xbox Network status
- No issues? Delete and re-download the application
- If that doesn’t fix the problem, wait a while before trying again
- Happening again? Contact Xbox Support for specialist assistance
After following these steps, the Android and iPhone Xbox applications should start working for mobile users.
How to fix Xbox app ‘Looks like you’re stranded…’ error on PC
Here’s how to fix the “Looks like you’re stranded…” notification on the Xbox PC app:
- Click the “RESTART” button
- If that doesn’t work, check the Xbox Network status
- No problems? Try this PC Xbox app error solution:
- Open the Windows “Settings” application
- Double-click “Apps,” then navigate to the “Apps & features” tab
- Locate “Xbox” in the list of apps
- Select the app, then “Advanced options”
- Scroll down and click “Reset,” then confirm the choice
In a majority of cases, the above fix will solve the Xbox PC app stranding problem. If the issue continues to crop up, however, consider contacting Xbox Support.
For more on Xbox, check out the GameRevolution Biomutant review right here. The all-new RPG is proving to be somewhat divisive among critics, which is something even the developers acknowledge. Most are likely to get some enjoyment from the THQ Nordic title, though, even when refusing to play as intended — kinda like this idiot.