- Related Games:
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The long awaited v1.03 update for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are ready for release. The PS4 patch in particular has been deployed in Europe as well as select countries outside of the United States. Thankfully, it'll hit everywhere else "soon".
The arrival of the patch was announced by CD Projekt Red's Marcin Momot, who posted the following patch notes on the official forums:
- Corrects a bug where the player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs.
- Corrects an issue related to Stamina regeneration while sprinting.
- Corrects a bug that could cause spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- Reduces spawn times for certain groups of NPCs.
- Blood particles will now properly appear on water surfaces after foes are killed.
- Corrects a visual effect in the Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Improves foliage behavior in scenes.
- Reduces foliage shadow popping.
- "Melltith" sword is visible again.
- Fixes some minor graphics bugs in gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
- Improves performance, especially in cutscenes and during gameplay.
- Introduces a number of minor improvements in SFX.
- Fixes an issue that could have caused an infinite loading screen in certain circumstances in Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused rare instances of dialogue looping in certain scenes.
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI, especially during games of gwent.
- Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
- Fixes an occasional bug in the Journal in the Fake Papers quest.
- Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Although they isn't directly mentioned, there are two major things to note about this patch. For one, it greatly increases the font size of the menu UI on both console versions, something many players have been requesting since launch. In addition, the Xbox One version will be capped at 30 frames per second. Currently, the frame rate floats around 25 to 40, resulting in an inconsistent experience.
Now that it's been a week since the game has debuted, CD Projekt Red has revealed the second set of free DLC for the game. As with last week, players will receive two free menu items which include:
- CONTRACT: MISSING MINERS – Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening.
- ALTERNATIVE LOOK FOR YENNEFER – Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg.
The free mission based in Skellige will be unlocked at later levels. The Yennefer skin is available immediately.
CD Projekt Red is doing a fantastic job of supporting its game post-release. Be sure to let us know how the game experience is on the new patch.
How to Respec Your Skill Points
How To Spend Your Skill Points Effectively