As you readers probably already know, the newest Cyberpunk 2077 trailer was shown during the Microsoft conference on Sunday. It showed a number of very cool things, (not including apparent Witcher 3 codes), such as the dynamic world you will be stepping into. However, there was still no gameplay shown, nor was much information provided apart from some implied details about the world you’ll play in. The United States that people know? It’s gone, replaced with a futuristic hell-hole.
While any information is good news, the lack of gameplay has left some players feeling frustrated that CD Projekt Red isn’t being upfront with their information. However, thanks to IGN and various tweets from Game Informer, we’re now able to update with new information that is being shown at the Cyberpunk 2077 presentation.
- CD Projekt Red has described the game as an ‘open-world, FPS RPG.’
- However, it is stressed that Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG with FPS elements, not the other way round.
- You play a character called V, a hired gun.
- You can be either male or female.
- V will be fully voiced, both male and female.
- Gameplay will be in first-person, whereas cutscenes will be third-person.
- There will be a full character customization system, including your looks and backstory.
- Backstory and interaction will shape who V is.
- Classes will NOT be picked in the beginning – class system is fluid based on the choices the player makes.
- You can combine classes as you go along.
- Optional classes exist and you can pull perks from other classes to go with your custom class.
- Cyberpunk 2077 has a full day/night cycle.
- Story and quest system will be similar to the Witcher 3.
- Choice and consequence is huge in this game. Each thing you do affects something, be it yourself or the world around you. The story will be personalized by each choice you make.
- There will be both melee and ranged combat.
- Three types of weaponry: tech weapons, power weapons, and smart weapons.
- Exploration is encouraged as the world is huge, vertically huge to be exact.
- There will be a lot to explore too, with 6 unique districts in the city to explore and find your way around.
- You can also enter buildings, even mega buildings with multiple floors.
- A range of vehicles will be included. There is also a tease of having flying cars.
- There will be no level scaling and you will get two forms of XP.
- Core XP = Main Missions
- Street Cred = Side Missions
- The higher your street cred the more vendors and exclusive new jobs are available.
To hear more about Cyberpunk 2077, keep your eyes glued to Game Revolution for new posts.