We’re only a few days away from Gamescom 2018, but Blizzard has finally revealed its schedule for the upcoming event. The show, which will take place in Cologne, Germany, from August 21 to August 25, 2018, sees a massive lineup of events from the developer/publisher, courtesy of the Blizzard at Gamescom app. That includes its most popular franchises and yes, an hour-long Diablo event.
According to the schedule (as provided by WowHead), the Blizzard Gamescom 2018 lineup consists of six games, including Diablo, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone. The first day of Blizzard’s Gamescom 2018 on August 22 will begin with an hour-long opening ceremony, followed by five of the six games receiving 30 minutes to hour-long presentations on the main stage. There’s also a mystery guest event panel near the end of the first day’s schedule.
The main schedule for the first day of Blizzard’s Gamescom 2018 on August 22, 2018, can be seen below (all times in Central European Time – CET):
- 10.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. – Opening Ceremony (Main Stage)
- 11.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. – Overwatch Event (Main Stage)
- 12.00 p.m. to 12.45 p.m. – World of Warcraft Event(Main Stage)
- 1.15 p.m. to 2.00 p.m. – StarCraft Event (Main Stage)
- 2.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. – Heroes of the Storm Event (Main Stage)
- 3.45 p.m. to 4.45 p.m. – Diablo Event (Main Stage)
- 5.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. – Mystery Guest Event Panel (Main Stage)
- 6.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m. – Video Games Live Concert (Main Stage)
- 7.00 p.m. to 7.15 p.m. – Closing and Recap (Main Stage)
We have no details yet on what awaits us on each of the game events listed above. However, Blizzard did recently confirm that there are multiple Diablo projects currently in development. Yesterday, the company officially announced that Diablo 3 Eternal Collection will be arriving for the Nintendo Switch later this year. With all that in mind, there’s more than enough reason to believe that the Diablo event is probably something to watch out for.
This year’s edition of Gamescom 2018 will feature the considerable presence of many major game publishers, including Activision, Sega, Bandai Namco, Nintendo and more, all of whom have announced their own lineup of playable game demos and more to showcase next week. Meanwhile, check out the official key art poster for Blizzard Gamescom 2018 below.