There may be a new Crash Bandicoot game on the way, but it’s likely not what you hoped for. Twitter user JumpButton posted artwork they claim they found on Facebook. Additionally, a listing on Storemaven, a Google Play Store and Apple App Store marketing service, listed a description for the Crash Bandicoot mobile game. The listing has since been taken down, but the text goes into quite a bit of detail about the game.
According to the now deleted Storemaven listing, the Crash Bandicoot mobile game is an endless runner. The screens that are allegedly from Facebook show that the developer is most likely King. This makes sense since Activision owns King, and the company has a proven track record with titles like Candy Crush Saga.
CRASH BANDICOOT MOBILE GAME REVEALED
investigation by myself and @Motwera
This game can be signed up for NOW it seems.
— JumpButton, etc. (@jumpbuttoncb) February 7, 2020
No images of gameplay were leaked, but the description from Storemaven paints a pretty clear picture of what we can expect:
About this game
Everyone’s favourite marsupial, now on mobile!
Calling all Bandicoots! Crash is back, this time on mobile! Embark on a brand new adventure with your favourite characters and put a stop to Dr Neo Cortex’s evil plan to destroy the multiverse!
In this new episode, Dr Neo Cortex dispatched mutagen henchmen across the multiverse to enslave all dimensions. With the help of his spirited sister Coco, Crash must strike and bash Cortex’s minions back to their own worlds!
Get ready to umph and wump your way into madness with this new Crash game!
THE MOST ICONIC 90’s CHARACTER IS NOW ON MOBILE
- Everyone’s favourite bandicoot is back, this time at the swipe of your fingertips! Join the fight with Coco and Aku Aku to defeat Dr Cortex!
DO THE PERFECT RUN
- Jump, slide, spin and surf on the iconic tracks of the Wumpa Island
- Collect as many Wumpas as you can – Spin through crates for special rewards
- Avoid TNT crates otherwise… BOOM!
UNCOVER HIDDEN PATHS AND SECRET PASSAGES
- Put on your running shoes and spot all the secret hideouts
- Smack down crates and get to new tracks for exclusive challenges!
BUILD UP YOUR BASE OF OPERATIONS
- Unlock key buildings and create an arsenal of weapons
- Grow and harvest crops to produce powerful serums
- Access the Wumpa volcano to collect Blaze pods!
- Repair the Space Rocket and fly to the Space Station!
TEAM UP WITH COCO TO SAVE THE MULTIVERSE
- Locate Dr Neds minions thanks to Coco’s machine
- Load up with your serums, bazookas and rayguns!
- Go on the run and bash the evil henchmen back to their worlds!
There’s also the possibility that this isn’t an actual game that’s in development at all. It’s not unheard of for companies to make mock mobile games to gauge audience enthusiasm. The Crash Bandicoot mobile game may be nothing but market research taken out of context.
With no official verification of the game’s existence, we’ll have to hold tight to see if it’s for real or not.