- Related Games:
Valheim update 0.150.3 is out now on PC via Steam for Windows and Linux. Iron Gate’s latest patch overhauls the terrain modification system, which comes with a couple of huge benefits to players. Load times are now “faster and smoother” in general, though changes to world loading prioritization have also fixed a significant bug. Players’ ships and buildings should no longer take damage while loading into the game.
Valheim Update 0.150.3 Patch Notes
The new Valheim 0.150.3 update overhauls in-game terrain modification; this improves load times and prevents ships and structures from taking damage while loading. Additionally, the patch includes several general bug fixes and quality of life improvements.
Here are the full Valheim update 0.150.3 patch notes:
- New terrain modification system
- Terrain modification priority changes
- Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings (where the new terrain modification system applies)
- World loading tweaks
- Fixes issues with ships and buildings taking damage while loading
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu
- Decreases network bandwidth usage
- Lowered the amount of stone required to raise ground using the hoe
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions
- Dolmen location stone size fix
- Swamp Draugr spawner location fix to prevent Draugr from spawning inside stones
- Lox pet-sfx fix
It’s worth noting that the new Vaheim terrain mod system only applies to modifications made after downloading and installing the update. Players are able to update existing scenery through the use of console commands, however.
In existing modified areas, users can utilize the all-new “optterrain” console command. This converts the old terrain over to the new system and its associated benefits. In order to use the command, first, add “-console” as a Valheim launch argument. After loading into gameplay, press F5 to bring up the command menu and enter “optterrain” without quotations.
Want more on Valheim? Here’s how to dive underwater and retrieve items.