Featuring six classes to choose from, World War Z gives players plenty of options when it comes to choosing a play style that works for them. Based around explosives, the Hellraiser class is all about bringing the boom to the zombie hordes swarming towards you. If you’re trying to learn more about the various Hellraiser skills, then we’ll go over everything you need to know in our handy guide below.
World War Z Hellraiser skills
If you’re a fan of using explosives to make a dent in the zombie hordes, then the Hellraiser class is going to be exactly what you’re looking for. This class is a nice mix between defensive and offensive, giving players several skills to make use of to really fine-tune their play style. The primary Core Perks on offer here include:
- Demoman – Players start with C4, a Shotgun, and a Hailstorm MGL.
- Demolition Squad – All Explosive equipment can kill 25% more targets. Applicable to the entire team.
- Hollywood – Explosives and fire damage dealt to yourself and your teammates is reduced by 30%.
- Technician – C4, Claymore Landmines, and MGLs can kill 25% more targets.
Of course, you’ll also find an assortment of other skills available to equip and change out as needed. We’ve outlined all of the additional Hellraiser skills as well as their unlock requirements below:
- Demoman – Start with C4, Shotgun, and Hailstorm MGL. Available at the start.
- Throwing Arm – Throw distance of a C4 increased by 50%. Unlocks at Level 1.
- Here Kitty – C4 will attract zombies for 5 seconds after being planted. Available at Level 2.
- Not Today – You may become incapacitated 1 additional time before dying. Purchasable at Level 3.
- Welcome Mat – Claymores can kill 25% more targets. Start with claymores. Can be purchased at Level 4.
- Green Fingered – Planting speed of Claymores increased by 50%. 10% chance to plant Claymore at no cost to your equipment. Start with Claymores. Can be unlocked at Level 5.
- Welcoming Committee – Any mortar used by you or teammates can kill 25% more targets. Available starting at Level 6.
- Unshakable – Self-inflicted explosive damage reduced by 60%. Unlockable at Level 7.
- Direct Blast – You deal 100% more damage to zombies with all explosives. Available to purchase at Level 8.
- Nimble Thumbs – All shotgun reload speed increased by 50%. Purchasable at Level 9.
- Demolition Squad – Explosive equipment can kill 25% more targets. Applies to entire team. Available at Level 10.
- Bounty Hunter – Deals 25% more damage to special zombies. Can be unlocked at Level 11.
- Wheatgrass – Health increased by 25%. Unlocks at Level 12.
- Walk Softly – Start with a S890 Shotgun. Available at Level 13.
- Tooled Up – Increase Claymore capacity to 4 and C4 to 3. Unlockable at Level 14.
- Pickpocket – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 25% chance to refill one equipment charge. Available at Level 15.
- I’ll Take That – Killing a special zombie grants 25% chance to refill one equipment charge. Can be purchased at Level 16.
- Free Refill I – Restores 1% of primary weapon ammo for each kill made with equipment. Available to unlock at Level 17.
- Free Refill II – Each kill made with equipment restores 1 round to your primary weapon magazine. Can be equipped at Level 18.
- Third Hand – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession instantly reloads your primary weapon. Unlocks at Level 19.
- Hollywood – Explosive and fire damage to yourself and teammates reduced by 30%. Available at Level 20.
- Scorched Earth – Claymore and C4 will set nearby areas on fire. Can be purchased at Level 21.
- Deep Pockets – Carried ammo capacity for heavy weapon increased by 25%. Unlocks at Level 22.
- Hole Punch – Shotgun Range increased by 50%. Available at Level 23.
- Senjata – Start with a Senjata PDW in your secondary weapon slot. Can be purchased at Level 24.
- Thumper – Start with the Thumper GL in your secondary weapon slot. Unlocks at Level 25.
- Heavy Rain – Start with improved Hailstorm MGL that does 50% more damage and has 50% more ammo. All Hailstorm MGL pickups improved. Purchasable at Level 26.
- Knock Knock – Start with a breaching charge. Can be purchased at Level 27.
- Job Satisfaction – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession grants a temporary health boost. Unlocks at Level 28.
- Predator – Killing special zombies boosts firearm damage by 50% for 10 seconds. Available to purchase at Level 29.
- Technician – C4, Claymore Landmines and MGL can kill 25% more targets. Can be purchased at Level 30.
World War Z Best Hellraiser Builds
Like with the Medic class, finding the best Hellraiser Skills comes down to finding out what works best for you. While the class is heavily based around explosives, it’s all up to you how you want to approach the use of those explosives. If you like being able to control the reactions, then going for skills that empower your C4 or your Claymore Landmines is going to be key. Some useful Hellraiser skills for that style of player include Tooled Up, which increases your overall Claymore capacity. You’ll also find that Here Kitty is a good skill as well, as it causes zombies to be distracted by your C4 for five seconds.
Of course, you can also go for a play style that’s built around the use of the grenade launchers and explosive weaponry. Skills like Thumper, which starts you with a Thumper GL in your inventory, as well as Heavy Rain can both be useful, depending on what kind of explosive weapons you prefer using. At the end of the day, though, it’s all about finding a build that works for you and then perfecting it by changing out skills that make the biggest impact.