The Rocket League1.62 update patch notes are here. Hot off the back of the Rocket League 1.61 Esports Shop update, this latest change is live now on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC. However, it mostly brings with some bug fixes and doesn’t come with a slew of content, considering we just got that.
In fact, there are absolutely zero changes in the Rocket League 1.62 update that will affect your gameplay experience. Instead, we have some audio balancing and a couple of bug fixes. It’s not a very exciting one, no doubt, but we already have Rocket Pass challenges to keep us busy.
Regardless, read on to see the Rocket League 1.62 update patch notes.
Rocket League 1.62 Update
As mentioned, most of the changes here are slight. Players were complaining about the rebalanced audio within the game, so this patch looks to fix that. Also, Psyonix readjusted the echo on the ball and changes the volume of fireworks on Champions Field.
Otherwise, the bug fixes cater to profile updating issues and some matchmaking challenges. That and you can now see friend’s list notifications while in the replay mode. Players who use the DeLorean Time Machine will be happy to see some paint adjustments there too.
Of course, not everything can be perfect. Psyonix is aware of some standing issues in the Rocket League 1.62 update. For example, some Nintendo Switch users experience problems with the depth-of-field controls in Replay FX. Moreover, there are sometimes audio dropouts for some players when they get into a match.
Rocket League 1.62 Update Patch Notes
- Echo effect on ball effect has been adjusted
- Reduced dynamic range of game audio based on community reception and feedback
- Adjusted volume of fireworks on Champions Field (all variants)
- Corrected memory behavior to reduce occurrences of audio drop-outs
- This may still occur when playing 4v4 Rumble on Salty Shores
- Fixed the diagonal kickoff position on Champions Field
- An appropriate Club Tag worn by multiple players in a match should no longer be filtered on only one of those players
- Resolved increase of ‘Error 71’ matchmaking errors when trying to find an Online Match
- Player Banners previewed on Crate and Rocket Pass menus will no longer incorrectly attach to your profile
- Adjusted the Paint Finish on the ‘DeLorean Time Machine’
- [Nintendo Switch] Rocket League should no longer freeze if using a profile not linked to a Nintendo Account
- Friends List notifications will now appear while viewing Replays
- [Switch] Depth of Field controls are disabled in Replay FX
- Players may see an “XP not received” message despite earning enough points
- Audio may drop out during a match for some players
- Some players may see overlapping item-loading icons when starting the game after receiving a large number of new Customization Items
- [Rumble] Some players may not be able to pick up boost after being hit with the Disruptor power-up
- Crates received while playing may not stack with Crates in inventory, but they will stack correctly after a game restart
One player’s car may be invisible at match start, will reappear after a goal is scored