Space travelers, the No Man’s Sky 2.15 update has gone live in Hello Games’ exploration title. There are a number of bug fixes and tweaks in these patch notes. Not only that, but the game’s weekend missions are due to go live in the immediate future. If you want the lowdown on everything that’s new and improved in the game, you’ll have to check out our No Man’s Sky 2.15 update guide. Plot a course for them below, and then get ready to explore the stars all over again.
No Man’s Sky 2.15 Update | Weekend missions and Featured Bases
As we mentioned, the No Man’s Sky 2.15 update brings about the inaugural Space Anomaly weekend mission for you to tackle. Nada’s spacetime loom has detected a sinister pattern that’s emanating across, well, all of time and space. Not to get all Doctor Who on you all, but this doesn’t sound pleasant.
Weekend missions will bring you and other explorers to the same planet with the aim of working out what’s going on. You’ll have the chance to earn significant quicksilver rewards for getting involved and taking part in a story that will occur across many months.
The first-weekend mission goes live on Friday evening GMT time. It’ll last until Monday morning, too, which is kind of the point of it being a weekend mission. If you miss out on one weekend mission, don’t fret. Hello Games has confirmed that missions will continue to run for the foreseeable future.
Another big thing in this update is the introduction of a Featured Bases hub. If you visit the Space Anomaly Teleporter, you’ll see the best bases made by the community.
No Man’s Sky 2.15 Update | Full patch notes
If you want a complete rundown of everything that’s changed with this update, including which bugs have been fixed, you can read about them below. Once you have, get your space engines firing and head back in-game.
- Added Featured Bases to the teleporter on the Space Anomaly.
- The list of featured bases will change periodically to highlight the best the base building community has to offer.
- The Featured Bases lists allows anyone aboard the Space Anomaly to easily visit and be inspired by other base creators.
- Bases featured on the list are protected to keep them as their architect intended.
- Added a new series of story-based missions to the Nexus.
- These missions are available each weekend and will advance over the course of the coming months.
- These missions are highlighted when viewing the Nexus mission board and reward a large amount of Quicksilver.
- Missions will involve using a portal to travel to a unique destination. This destination is shared across the entire community.
- Fixed an issue that caused galactic generation on PS4 to be out of sync with other platforms. This caused some system to vanish with the arrival of Beyond. These systems have been fully restored. As a result, however, some of the new and erroneously-created systems have been hidden on the galaxy map. These systems can still be visited via teleporter if bases have been established there.
- Fixed a number of issues related to the display of base screenshots in the Space Anomaly Teleporter list.
- Fixed an issue that caused reported bases to linger in the save-game of those who reported them.
- Allowed bases to be reported via the Build Menu, for instances where the base computer is not locatable.
- Added an autosave when handing in a mission on the Nexus.
- Added a community goal progress tracker above the Quicksilver shop in the Space Anomaly.
- Added a notification to clarify that your position is not saved while undertaking a multiplayer mission from the Nexus.
- Added the name of the current galaxy to the Galactic Map.
- Increased the stack size of Living Pearls.
- Added an icon to Kelp Sacs that appears when scanned, similar to sodium and oxygen-rich plants.
- Fixed an issue that caused long load times and poor performance around bases with complex power and wiring setups.
- Fixed an issue that caused tagged markers not to clear when their object was used.
- Fixed an issue that caused glitches in water rendering when entering the atmosphere.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck when performing a gesture while seated.
- Fixed an issue where NPC ship pilots would get out of their ship and become stuck within its landing gear.
- Fixed a number of issues that prevented switches being used when visiting other bases.
- Fixed an issue where background missions can update and disrupt a Nexus mission.
- Fixed an issue where Ares had the wrong head.
- Fixed a crash in network replication.
- Fixed a number of rendering crashes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing discoveries.