The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1.08 update patch notes have now been published, with developer Infinity Ward rolling out the new update today on November 12. PC, PS4, and Xbox One players will now be able to “Check for updates” to force the new patch to download and install, if it doesn’t do so automatically. The new update comes in at 3.145 GB in size on PS4. Read on for the full list of patch notes for Modern Warfare 1.08.
Modern Warfare 1.08 Update | Highlights
General stability fixes
The Modern Warfare 1.08 update implements yet more fixes that should hopefully improve stability and prevent crashes across all modes and all platforms. If you’ve been struggling with performance issues, even after the previous 1.07 update, hopefully this will now cure them completely.
Footstep noise changes
Footsteps have been adjusted even further with the Modern Warfare 1.08 update. When moving in ADS or crouch, player footsteps will be locked to a walking volume. What’s more, the speed in which “walking volume” remains active has been increased, meaning you can move that bit faster while remaining quiet.
This map has now had spawns tuned for Team Deathmatch and Domination modes. In addition to this, for Domination, the flags have been adjusted so that B is now near the buses instead of the central fountain.
Modern Warfare 1.08 Update | Full Patch Notes
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Guides
Check out our list of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare guides below: