The Fortnite 2.48 update patch notes (11.30) have been shared by developer Epic Games. This new Fortnite patch is now rolling out across PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iPhone, and Android devices. It’s a hefty patch, weighing in at 3.916 GB on PS4. (I have a feeling dataminers are going to have a lot of fun with this one!) Changes implemented by the December 12 patch include minor bug fixes and changes, though it likely also includes files necessary for the Fortnite x Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker event. Read on for the full list of patch notes.
Fortnite 2.48 Update Patch Notes Highlights (11.30)
Battle Royale fixes
The latest Fortnite patch squashes a number of bugs impacting the Battle Royale mode. These include fixing the Magma Wrap, so that it looks correct on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol. In addition to this, Twin Turntable items should no longer appear grainy and pixelated. The Bandolette Outfit has also been tweaked to look less bizarre. Finally, trees and metal fences in Arena should now grant the correct material increase.
Creative Mode fixes
Players who are enjoying the game’s Creative Mode will be happy to learn that Fortnite 2.48 implements a number of fixes including: proper icons for translucent pros and devices, trucks from the “Neo Tilted Car Gallery” now being available in colors other than blue, and billboard textures working as intended.
Dataminers are already had at work breaking down the hidden contents of the Fortnite 2.48 patch. A number of files have been discovered that point towards a snow map, a new “Annual Pass,” and no doubt some Star Wars elements.
Fortnite 2.48 Update Patch Notes Full List (11.30)
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
- Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
- Safe Zone setting on Xbox One may return to 1.00 upon each login.
- Magma Wrap looks different than intended on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Some Twin Turntables items appearing grainy and pixelated.
- Bandolette Outfit may appear to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- Empty chests can be spawned in Creative Mode with invisible collision
- Unable to interact with Beacon Rift after landing on a player island
- Quickbar: Some translucent props and devices do not generate proper icons
- Most trucks from the ‘Neo Tilted Car Gallery’ are the same shade of blue
- Billboards show default texture after pasting them and immediately closing the phone tool
Save the World
- In-Zone Private Parties can not be joined by invitation.
- Social menu Friends List auto-scrolling to the top on mobile devices.
- Mobile Tutorial playlist. (The Tutorial playlist on mobile devices will be re-enabled shortly.)
- Quick Bar inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.
- Both the “Spectate” and “Return to Lobby” options display “B” button on Nintendo Switch.
- FPS drops and hitching on Mobile.
More Fortnite Guides
Check out our list of Fortnite guides below: